bellator 47

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
MAIN CARD

?Nazareno Malegarie(+180) vs. Marlon Sandro (-220)(featherweight-tourney semifinals)

?Pat Curran(-130) vs. Ronnie Mann (even)(featherweight-tourney semifinals)

?Neil Grove vs. Zak Jensen

?Chris Horodecki vs. Chris Saunders

PRELIMINARY CARD
?Daniel Langbeen vs. Will Romero
?Bryan Goldsby vs. Bo Harris
?Daron Cruickshank vs. Sergej Juskevic
?Syd Barnier vs. Denis Puric

still waiting for odds on the last 2 main events

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
taking a shot with malegarie at +180....

was hoping that sandro would be matched with either curran or mann...but,didn`t happen...

sandro is a brazilian who pretty much made his bones in japan....lot`s of hype...and after watching his initial bellator fight,i wasn`t all that impressed...he`s 34...looks a little stiff...and just eeked out a decision vs another brazilian...reminded me of kamil shalorous sans the high claber grappling...

malegarie is 20-1 with 18 finishes.....his resume is ????(most of his fights in brazil).....but based on his first two fights in bellator,he looks quick and fairly well rounded...in his first bellator fight he was lost a close back and forth fight with a big 145 pounder in strauss....but it was close and he had strauss in some bad situations....a late strauss take down may have turned it in his favor.....but,the guy fights hard for 3 rounds and has some solid subs and scrambles...he pressures for 3 rounds and makes his opponents work......you could see that the guy was extremely talented...he`s young(23 or 24).....

both guys are brazilian black belts..

malegarie impressed me....half a play on malegarie...half a play against sandro...

maybe sandro just had a bad outing the first time around and shows up here......but we all know that hyped fighters coming out of japan don`t always pan out...

the odds are favorable,so i`m taking the shot with malegarie...

leaning curran because of his size and grappling vs mann...but mann is no joke...verrry talented,whirling dervish kind of fighter with solid stand-up and submissions....matter of fact,you can say that about both guys.......mann is quicker but smallish..and the size differential might be an issue...

this is a ufc caliber match-up...either guy could compete in the ufc and be very successful,imo....tough call....curran seems to improve every time out...and he carried the drop in weight extremely well...powerful at 145...and well rounded...his grappling might be the difference(vs a brit)...

but mann is a little beast...not sure about this...might just pass...

fight of the weekend for me...

Last edited:

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
The fight is in kickserv's home province.....and what does GW do.....

He forgets the :canada1

Not cool GW...not cool:nono:

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Bellator Fighting Championships 47
July 23, 2011
Rama, Ontario, Canada

Fight Card
-----------------------------------------------------

Nazareno Malegarie vs. Marlon Sandro
Pat Curran vs. Ronnie Mann
Neil Grove vs. Zak Jensen
Chris Horodecki :canada1 vs. Chris Saunders

ukgaz

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento
taking a shot with malegarie at +180....

was hoping that sandro would be matched with either curran or mann...but,didn`t happen...

sandro is a brazilian who pretty much made his bones in japan....lot`s of hype...and after watching his initial bellator fight,i wasn`t all that impressed...he`s 34...looks a little stiff...and just eeked out a decision vs another brazilian...reminded me of kamil shalorous sans the high claber grappling...

malegarie is 20-1 with 18 finishes.....his resume is ????(most of his fights in brazil).....but based on his first two fights in bellator,he looks quick and fairly well rounded...in his first bellator fight he was lost a close back and forth fight with a big 145 pounder in strauss....but it was close and he had strauss in some bad situations....a late strauss take down may have turned it in his favor.....but,the guy fights hard for 3 rounds and has some solid subs and scrambles...he pressures for 3 rounds and makes his opponents work......you could see that the guy was extremely talented...he`s young(23 or 24).....

both guys are brazilian black belts..

malegarie impressed me....half a play on malegarie...half a play against sandro...

maybe sandro just had a bad outing the first time around and shows up here......but we all know that hyped fighters coming out of japan don`t always pan out...

the odds are favorable,so i`m taking the shot with malegarie...

leaning curran because of his size and grappling vs mann...but mann is no joke...verrry talented,whirling dervish kind of fighter with solid stand-up and submissions....matter of fact,you can say that about both guys.......mann is quicker but smallish..and the size differential might be an issue...

this is a ufc caliber match-up...either guy could compete in the ufc and be very successful,imo....tough call....curran seems to improve every time out...and he carried the drop in weight extremely well...powerful at 145...and well rounded...his grappling might be the difference(vs a brit)...

but mann is a little beast...not sure about this...might just pass...

fight of the weekend for me...

Was (am)very tempted on Malegarie. Sandro, since the move to Sengoku, become a much more exciting fighter and has become a much better fighter than I expected. Having said that he has lost his two biggest fights - Omigawa (judges!!!) and Hioki and will be 35 in March.

Malegarie has also lost his biggest fight but looked impressive in doing so and is 9 years younger. I think he has the advantage in wrestling in this fight. submission game you would assume Sandro and Sandro looks stronger but Malegarie kept up with Straus. Striking (due to power) at this stage is clearly Sandro

Second fight for Sandro in the US and third for Malegarie .

Mann against Curran to close to call

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Was (am)very tempted on Malegarie. Sandro, since the move to Sengoku, become a much more exciting fighter and has become a much better fighter than I expected. Having said that he has lost his two biggest fights - Omigawa (judges!!!) and Hioki and will be 35 in March.

Malegarie has also lost his biggest fight but looked impressive in doing so and is 9 years younger. I think he has the advantage in wrestling in this fight. submission game you would assume Sandro and Sandro looks stronger but Malegarie kept up with Straus. Striking (due to power) at this stage is clearly Sandro

Second fight for Sandro in the US and third for Malegarie .

Mann against Curran to close to call

i hadn`t seen sandro before his bellator fight....and i had heard all the glowing things that you are saying about him from reading about him.........

the problem was,i didn`t see any of it in his bellator fight.....i had him in a par and i honestly thought the wrong guy won...

my sample size is way too small,granted....but i just wasn`t impressed...

not going overboard...and as i said,i was hoping for sandro vs curran or mann....that`s very diasappointing....seems like they`re trying to get him and his name into the final...

i have to admit,looks like lots of dead wood and inexperienced guys on malegarie`s record...

but,i saw enough from malegarie....and not enough from sandro...and that`s worth a small doggie wager from me....

maybe the real sandro shows up here and overpowers malegarie....,:shrug:

small play...

should be interesting....

Last edited:

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Sandro was a beast in Japan.

I don't know why he looked so shitty in the USA. :shrug:

Maybe age???

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
MMA Record (since UFC 58)
---------------------------------------------
Prop Bet 40-79
Fighter vs. Fighter 279-431
Parlays 111-183

-3.90 Joe Rogans

Chris Saunders beat Chris Horodecki :canada1 $4.75 (+375) *0.75 Joe Rogan

Ronnie Mann beat Pat Curran $2.10 (+110) *1 Joe Rogan

Nazareno Malegarie beat Marlon Sandro $2.85 (+185) *1 Joe Rogan

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Neil Grove vs. Zak Jensen....not a lot of defense in that fight:142smilie

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Chris Saunders put up a good effort, but Chris Horodecki was clearly the better fighter.

No +375 winner for kickserv:sadwave:

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
MMA Record (since UFC 58)
---------------------------------------------
Prop Bet 40-79
Fighter vs. Fighter 279-431
Parlays 111-183

-6.65 Joe Rogans

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
sandro looked a little better.....he was much bigger and stronger than malegarie.....

i thought malegarie had his moments standing....

curran vs sandro will be fun.....both big guys at the weight...

Bet on MyBookie