benitez!!!!someone explain to me why he is a closer

wisher4

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2001
canada
i dont understand why any team wud want him?
he screws up the world series for the mets and he seems to make it close no matter how big his lead is!!!

yyz

Under .500
Forum Member
Mar 16, 2000
On the course!
He got the save, that was his job. he doesn't care if we have the under or the runline, and neither does his team.

He has 2 blown saves, a 5-3 w/l record, and 27 saves. That's seems pretty decent to me.

nole47

Forum Member
May 14, 2001
florida
dont have to tell me he gave up 2 runs in the 9th to lose my under by .5

cisco

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 1, 2000
usa/mexico
Ditto. This guy scares the sh!t out of me. Whenever I need him to close, he screws me. I was feeling pretty good when White brezzed through the eighth. Then this jerk promptly throws up two golpher balls. Then, when the pitching coach comes out, all he does is shrug his shoulders.
mad.gif

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
I'm also sick of all the blown leads late in games this season. The bullpens are the biggest unknown in capping these games lately.

Cost me the under in Mets game as well as a 5 team parlay. Still won for the night, but could've been 4-0 + a 5 teamer. Can't complain too much though, still on the + side for the day.

Randercity

Wait til HT
Forum Member
CLOSER?? It's all in the spelling,

SEE L O S E R
redface.gif

Actually he is pretty good compared to a lot of them. His fastball is his gravy pitch, and yes, when his location is off, IT WILL FLY FAR! Coming in at 98, it don't take much. A lot of it depends on how he's used to. IF you got a junkball reliever ahead of him, it helps, due to the difference in velocity, but we all got toasted tonite late I think...

Bet on MyBookie