Berto/Urango

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I have quite a bit riding on Berto -330avg. IMO Urango needs a KO to win. I can not see him outpointing Berto over the course. Urango is strong as a bull but not the most polished of fighters. He even admits he's not a very good boxer. Berto is known as a slugger but he can actually box pretty well when he wants to and his speed is excellent. I feel he can win this easily by using the jab and just boxing over the course. He's got a bit of a warrior mentality so i expect him to bang a little and that is when urango will have his opportunity. I'm hoping that Berto is content with a 12 rd dec. After having a few rough patches v Collazo, he should have learned his lesson. DO NOT go for the KO. If it comes, let it just happen. Don't make it a brawl when you have the skills to out point this guy. I like Berto by dec...117-111 variety

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Urango seems to struggle with speed. He was troubled by Hatton's fast feet and clutch and grab tactics. Urango is super strong in the upper body and can hurt anything he can hit. But Berto is a superior talent and his speed should be kryptonite for Urango. And in spite of Urango's perceived toughness, he was nearly KO'd by 40 year old African Nasser Athumani. I expect Urango to eat a steady supply of leather all night and because of the difference in class, I think Berto has a reasonable chance to win ITD. Urango does have a puncher's chance and if he is to win, it will have to be by KO.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
The longer the it goes, the more I favor Berto. Urango goes for the kill early. I was a bit disappointed in Urango not finished Njoudjo the last time out. He had him badly hurt, but couldn't finish the deal. He definitely has less on his shots as the fight goes on. And, of course, this bout is at 147.

I see Berto UD, with the possiblity of a late stoppage if Andre gets confident and Urango slows late. But I think Andre will be looking to stink it out a bit. He had a life and death struggle the last time out with Collazo.

Berto has let me down twice. I bet him ITD against Forbes and ITD against Collazo. If I bet DEC here and he stops him, I give up on calling Berto fights.
:mj07:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
I've done OK with Berto. Under with Figueroa, Bravo, Trabant and KO prop with Estrada but lost ITD with Forbes and I lost by picking Collazo outright.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I've done OK with Berto. Under with Figueroa, Bravo, Trabant and KO prop with Estrada but lost ITD with Forbes and I lost by picking Collazo outright.

Picking Colazo was gutsy and it nearly paid off. I had a small bundle on Berto and nearly saw it go down the drain....very close fight. I do have a concern with urangos pop and Berto was wobbled by a much lighter puncher than Urango. I think Berto is a little more durable than Hatton though(who easily beat Urango). Hatton was basically out on his feet in the 12th rd v collazo. Like I said, Berto has good basics when he wants to apply them. If he sticks to a plan of boxing and not getting careless, I think he wins easily. The early going will be a bit anxious for me. Just don't go for the KO Berto!!! Let him make a statement against a less dangerous fighter.