Forum Member
Jan 10, 2005
English Channel...Just missed in Turf Classic; gritty little battler

Last edited:

bodawg

Forum Member
Aug 3, 2005
TURF ($2 million). Post time: 4:55 p.m.

Remember Lost in the Fog in the Sprint? This race has a rising superstar of its own, Shakespeare (5/1). He enters the Turf undefeated in five starts. His last win was his most impressive as he determinedly held off English Channel (10/) and Ireland's Ace (12/1) in the Grade I Turf Classic Invitational on Oct. 1 at Belmont.

English Channel only lost that race by a head and boasts an impressive record of his own with five wins in eight starts. However, this is the Turf, not the Sprint, and this race may be the deepest on the Breeders' Cup card. Almost every horse entered has a legitimate shot at winning.

Better Talk Now (8/1) won this race last year at 27/1 and has won three graded races since.

Motivator (6/1) won his first four races in Great Britain, including the Group I Epsom Derby, and has finished second behind the European phenomenon Oratorio, who has opted for the Classic over the Turf.

The French have sent Bago (8/1) with five Group I races to his record, but he has been beaten by Irish-bred Azamour (4/1) and Alkaased (15/1).

$25 Free Bet on Breeders Cup races

Bet on MyBookie