Best Prop I have ever found!!!!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
I absolutely NEVER play prop bets. . . I usually look them over to get an idea of how the books see the game going. . . however, this one blew me away:

Team to have the most rushing yards

Eagles plus 12
Giants minus 12

There should be no secret about the game plans for tonight! The Giants will run the ball early and often to control the clock . . . the Eagles want to score early and often as indicated by JT Sneaks.

The Eagles have the #1 rated pass defense and #20 rush defense in the NFL. . . therefore it will come as no surprise that the Giants will keep the ball on the ground! The Giants have the #4 rated run defense in the NFL and the #27 rated pass defense. . . if you were coaching the Eagles, what would be your game plan??? I think its obvious!

The ONLY way I can see losing this bet is if the Eagles get up by double digits at the half and force the Giants to go to the air in the 2nd half. I just don't see it happening. . . especially if the Giants were able to contain the Ram's passing attack.

Take the Giants minus 12 rushing yards for 2.5 units as Dayne should have a big night!

Also playing the under 35.5 for 1.5 units. . .

Still looking at taking the Giants for the game. . . but I may go ahead and lay off the side and simply increase my wagers for the two bets I have already made.

coldbeer4soul

Forum Member
The only problem is you're banking on Ron Dayne. Is he going to be last week vs. the Cards 20 for 88yds? Or is he going to be 16 rushes for 39 vs. the Skins?
Also Tiki Barber has a hamstring problem.

Also look for Eagles to get Duce Staley into the game after his long layoff. Not to mention if McNabb scambles and runs for yardage.
I'd take a pass at this prop.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
Coldbeer4soul,

LOL. . . I do my fair share of research/analysis. . . the simple fact is that the Giants will HAVE to run the ball to win. . . the Eagles will HAVE to pass the ball to win. . . I will take my chances with the entire team that has to find a way to run the ball effectively to win instead of a team that needs to throw the ball. . .

I believe I have a 75% chance of winning this one which is pretty high for a prop bet!

Bonovox

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2000
NY, NY, USA
To play Devil's Advocate, Bear, in the first 4 weeks of the season the Giants only rushed for +12 more than the Eagles in one game. I know that the opponents have been different, but the Giants have rushed for 63, 98, 153, 135 and 97 yards in their 5 games. The Eagles have rushed for 57, 102, 131 and 179 in their 4.

But on your side, the Rams are the only common opponent. Giants rushed for 97 yards on the road while the Eagles ran for 57 at home.

I don't think either team will have a big lead and force the other to open it up.

I definitely think you're on the right side. You just better hope they contain McNabb, he's the biggest threat.

Good luck.

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
Bonovox,

That is a good point, but it is unfair to compare rushing production against different teams as you indicated!

I'm going with this play based on how I believe both teams will try and operate on offense tonight. . . of course I have been wrong before but I do think I'm right here!

Good luck to you tonight if you play it!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Be very, very careful with this prop. The Eagles have a totally revamped rushing game and about a 50 yard advantage in rushing yards built in because of McNabb. VERY risky prop if you ask me with Buckhalter having a great year and Barber coming off injury. Dayne is not quick enough to get down the line on this defense.

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
Seems like everyone is questioning this one! But once again, my simple reasoning is that the Giants will stick to the ground and the Eagles will be looking to the pass when they are on offense!

Giants have had great success shutting down the Eagles recently and I see no reason why this won't continue! McNabb is certainly a threat, but he hasn't threatened the Giants very much!

I think I'll just leave it as a 2.5 unit play and see what happens. . . I still believe I have a 75% chance of winning this prop and most of that centers around the assumption that the Giants will not allow the Eagles to blow them out!