Best way to get tickmaster tickets?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

toastonastick

Forum Member
Nov 25, 2003
Atlanta
looking for some U2 tickets that go on sale saturday at 10 for U2. There saying it will sell out under 5 minutes.

who knows the some good methods to try and get them?

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Warning... this method may very well be obsolete as I haven't bought anything from ticketmaster in about seven or eight years, and things very well may have changed with the internet explosion.

But... when I was a freshman in HS (Dec. 1994), Nirvana was playing at the Roy Wilkens Auditorium in St. Paul. I wanted tickets more than anything in the world, but the place wasn't that big and it was expected to sell out FAST.

So we called my sister who lived in La Crosse, and she was able to go to the Ticketmaster outlet in La Crosse. Since there were no big shows going on there that went on sale that day, there was hardly anyone in line. So while people fought to get through on the phone or waiting in line somewhere in the Twin Cities, she bought the tickets for us with ease. I think it sold out in 15-20 minutes.

I did that several more times over the next five years. Always worked. Just found someone I knew in a smaller town where there weren't big tickets going on sale that day, and they were able to go and get the tickets quickly without having to deal with lines.

Again, not sure if this will work, but good luck with getting the tickets.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BleedDodgerBlue

Admin
Forum Member
Feb 12, 2004
los angeles
a trick that i used that always works:

call 5 or 6 minutes before the time that the tickets you want go on sale.

when you get the operator, ask about dodger tickets or whatever sporting event you like. Ask all kinds of dumb questions about seats, pricing availability. Ask about ice capades tickets if you must, just make sure that you keep her on the line for the entire time.

Wait 1 minute after you know that the tickets opened on line so you know your clocks aren't conflicted and then ask for whatever tickets you want. In your case U2. Her computers will be open to sell them then. Just make sure you keep him or her on the line the entire time.

hope this helps

BahamaMama

not banned
Forum Member
Dec 6, 1999
Davenport, Iowa
bjfinste said:
Warning... this method may very well be obsolete as I haven't bought anything from ticketmaster in about seven or eight years, and things very well may have changed with the internet explosion.

But... when I was a freshman in HS (Dec. 1994), Nirvana was playing at the Roy Wilkens Auditorium in St. Paul. I wanted tickets more than anything in the world, but the place wasn't that big and it was expected to sell out FAST.

So we called my sister who lived in La Crosse, and she was able to go to the Ticketmaster outlet in La Crosse. Since there were no big shows going on there that went on sale that day, there was hardly anyone in line. So while people fought to get through on the phone or waiting in line somewhere in the Twin Cities, she bought the tickets for us with ease. I think it sold out in 15-20 minutes.

I did that several more times over the next five years. Always worked. Just found someone I knew in a smaller town where there weren't big tickets going on sale that day, and they were able to go and get the tickets quickly without having to deal with lines.

Again, not sure if this will work, but good luck with getting the tickets.

yup BJ, unfortunately that one IS obsolete (and too bad, cuz it WORKED) .... now it is worse to go to an outlet out of the area... even if you are FROM the area of the event!!! i was at my dads house one weekend when tickets for a Toby Keith concert went on sale for Minny... went to a HY-VEE in that area since i wasn't in MN at the time.... out of venue areas had to wait an additional FIFTEEN minutes past the time for ticket sales :( did manage to get tickets, but not too great of seats by the time i was allowed to order. :(

toastonastick

Forum Member
Nov 25, 2003
Atlanta
Thanks for the tips! Keep em coming!

I was thinking of maybe trying online, but I think that will be overloaded.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE HITMAN

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2001
HOLLYWOOD, FL
Bleed..........the problem with this is that Ticketbastard usually doesn't open the phone lines for the day until like 10 AM. This is the exact time the tickets you want are to go on sale, so you can't call at 9:55,or even 9:59.

Palmetto Pimp

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Jax
Try online and try the phone at the same time.

Calling another branch still does work as some people got eagles playoff tickets this year by calling like NC....it all depends on the operator you get and the branch. Definately try online and sit on the phone also.

Palmetto Pimp

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Jax
or they are having a presale right now for u2.com members or some shit
you might be able to scour the net and find or buy a password

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

rouxdog

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2005
KC
On saturday, get to the fastest computer that is available to you. Go to the ticket page a few minutes before 10 and start hitting refresh. Try to start as close to the time as possible, or you could get froze out of ticketmaster's site. Once the screen appears for you to purchase, select the amount you want and best available as quickly as you can. Then you have to type in the security word on the next page as quickly as you can. You may want to go to ticketmaster, and practice a couple of times on some other concerts. Sounds funny, but the faster you can get it done, the better your chance. In addition, the U2 tickets will sell quicker than 5 minutes. Also, they may add another show, shortly there after, if the first one sells out fast enough- so stay alert in the 5 or 10 minutes after, if you aren't able to get them. If all of this fails, then join the others at eBay. The good news is is that on some of the shows sold on the first leg, so many people were trying to sell to make money that tickets were going below face value. Not all shows, but some. There could be other methods better than this, but I've had decent luck with it. Good luck. :mj09:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Munson

Forum Member
Jul 28, 2002
Sparta, TN
I gave up on trying by phone and internet...I always go in person and will be doing just that Saturday morning. I did not get tickets to the first leg but I'm not worried about it. You can bet that extra tickets for each show will be released soon before the day of the show. They always held some back until they had the stage and equipment set on the last tour. This is how I scored GA in Indy and 1st row side at ND in 2001. Good luck...I will be there in November...

M

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Looks like mid range tickets are 100 bucks a pop. Save yourself the hassle, spend 250-300 a pop and buy scalps. Not like you do it everyday, right?

THE HITMAN

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2001
HOLLYWOOD, FL
Boys.......can you clue us in ? Tickets you want go on sale at 10, but they won't begin answering the phones until 10 sharp, not a second before. How do you get them to begin answering early to keep them on the line ? thanks

*Springsteen "Devil's & Dust" tour coming up soon. Small venue concerts only,so I will need all the tricks I can muster up.

Last edited:

bsucards

BSU Cards
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2003
New Palestine Indiana
see if anyone has a presale, a lot of radio stations do this now, where they open it up to members of the radio station club the day before they go on sale

Otherwise, I would go to like a place that you don't expect to be busy and try to buy them in person. I once tried to purchase tickets online and it never went on sale right at 10, I ended up having to drive to a B&M place to buy them.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

toastonastick

Forum Member
Nov 25, 2003
Atlanta
Well, I got four of the of the $90 tickets! There decent seats, would have liked to get better. I was the only one of four of my friends to get them.

I did it online at Tmaster.com . Had six windows open and only one came up with them. it was like the third window I tried on, go figure

Thanks for the help guys!