Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Yesterday's Recap:
3-2 +4.86 Units
Overall Second Half (July 1st & After)
38-33-1 +13.13 Units

Det Tigers +160 NY Yankees
Risking 2.00 Units to Win 3.20 Units

One of those glutton for punsihment picks again. Had those Tigers last night and they just didn't have a enough to pull through. Once again they are facing an average lefty that they should be able to put good wood on. Going against Keisler and getting +160 is a huge plus. Overall he is 1-2 with a 5.83 ERA. When it comes to the Yanks pen it looks like the Tigers for sure won't have to face Mariano Rivera for once. Last start for Chris Holt he went up against the Yanks and allowed only two earned runs in 7.1 innings on 94 pitches. He has had five days of rest and should be fresh. On the road this year Holt is a suprising 5-1 with a 4.44 ERA. This contest looks to be one of those that are about even and could go either way, so the price tag of +160 for me makes it SOLD!!!

Will be back later with the night games,
HC

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Cle Indians -1 1/2 +135 CWS
Risking 2.00 Units to Win 2.70 Units

Like the run line here because all indications point to the Indians putting up a truck load of them tonight. First, James Baldwin is coming off a 124 pitch performance, not sure how much he will have tonight and how long he will be able to go. So if he struggles the pen the White Sox have available tonight is pathethic, outside of Keith Foulke. Ginter 8.38 ERA, Glover 5.30 ERA, Embree 8.10 ERA..... Both Howry and Garland are slated as NOT available tonight. The Indians are hitting righties hard. .295 Overall .293 Home and .316 in their last ten. Baldwin has a 5.68 ERA on the road, 7.80 ERA in July, with hitters cracking him at .313 on the road. If Nagy can just be average this game could be a blowout.

Pitt Pirates -105 Hou Astros
Risking 1.00 Unit to Win 0.95 Units
Pitt Pirates -1 1/2 +170 Hou Astros
Risking 1.00 Unit to Win 1.70 Units

Split up my usual play because I believe the Pirates should put a big number on the board against Mlicki. His ERA as a starter is 7.44 and his away line looks like 2-6 with a 9.38 ERA Overall. So far against the Pirates this year Mlicki has given up 7 Earned in 3.2 innings pitched. Seemingly everyone hits this guy hard, lefties .367 and righties .330 overall. Overall this season when his pitch count is between 31-90 hitters are 91 for 225 (.404)... WOW.... Schmidt in July is 2-2 wotj a tidy ERA of 2.47; what makes a difference here is the way he baffles righties. So far this year righties are hitting .219..... That will be big with Biggio, Bagwell, Alou, and Hidalgo. Plus the Astros hit thirty points less agaisnt Righties Vs. Lefties.

Good luck everyone,
HC
cool.gif

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Blt Orioles +120 TX Rangers
Risking 2.00 Units to Win 2.40 Units

When you look at Darren Oliver's numbers, I just can't see how he could every be a favorite. Let's take a look..... At home he is 2-3 with an ERA of 8.17 AT HOME!!! He has given up 25 Earned Runs in 25.1 innings pitched. He gets equal treatment from lefties and from righties. Lefties hit him .310 overall and righties hit .302 Overall. Next, with runners on base this guy is absolutely brutal. With runners in scoring position teams hit .351 and it gets worse, when runners are in scoring position and two outs opponents hit .361..... Young Mr. Towers does struggle from time to time, but man given +120 against those numbers I have posted on Oliver I will sign up. Towers is 5-3 with a 2.56 ERA as a starter. When he is on the road he is 3-2 with a 3.42 ERA and opponents only hit .257 against him. Let's take a look at his numbers with runners on.... With runners in scoring position opponents hit .169, with runners in scoring position and two outs opponents hit .185. The Orioles have hit lefties well all year. (.283) Trombley and Groom will be available for the O's.

HC
wink.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
I have NO ACTION on the Cleveland Indians run line because of Baldwin being traded.... my guess is as soon as they post a line now with Ginter pitching, I will take the run line as well..... that even makes a decimated CWS pen shorter!!!!!

HC

Never Caught Up

Forum Member
Apr 17, 2001
CLEVELAND -160, 10?o15
CLEVELAND -1.5 +30

[This message has been edited by Never Caught Up (edited 07-26-2001).]

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Thanks NCU, I am going to bang the RL in that one!!!!!!

Two more "hounds" here:

MtL Expos +125 Atl Braves
Risking 2.00 Units to Win 2.50 Units

Since Munoz has been called for the Expos he has been very solid. 11.2 IP only allowing three Earned runs. He is getting his sinker working... 21 Ground Ball outs compared to 11 Fly Ball outs. Marquis is going to be a very nice starter in a couple of seasons, I think he will be sent down very soon. He is 1-3 as a starter with a 4.84 ERA, In July he is 0-1 with a 6.28 ERA, 10 Earned runs in only 14.1 IP, he has allowed 23 baserunners in those 14.1 innings. The pen for the Braves has been used quite hard the last couple of days. 61 pitches yesterday mainly due to that rain delay, and 60 pitches the day before that....... At best this game is 50/50 I will take the extra plus number.

SF Giants +192 AZ DBacks
Risking 2.00 Units to Win 3.84 Units

Definitely a contrarian pick here, Schilling by my own admission has been great. That being said, he fades down the stretch because as a strikeout pitcher he throws a ton of pitches. He averages just short of 106 pitches per start this season and just about 15 pitches an inning. Hernandez of the Giants is an old war horse, about the only guy in the majors that could throw 175 pitches if needed. Much like the KC Vs. Seattle game last night, some things look great on paper but inside the TV it looks totally different. I will take the huge number and see what happens.

HC
biggrin.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Last "bulldog" of the day, I promise:

Cle Indians -1 1/2 +111 CWS
Risking 2.00 Units to Win 2.22 Units

As my first Indians run line bet has no action, I will happily go with this one. Gary Glover gets the emergency start for the White Sox. As I stated before, the White Sox pen was short to start with and this should pretty much make those three guys that are available feel like they are on an island all by themselves. The Indians should make that scoreboard light up like a pinball machine in this one. This is the first start of the year for Gary Glover to boot.

HC
smile.gif