Beware: Fantasy Football Leagues

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

4bubba

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
//

For anyone interested in joining a NFL fantasy football league:

There are real dangers. I joined the nfl.com fantasy league last year, which is also part of the sporting news fantasy football league.
they took my money - no problem, but the mess started almost immediately. My password would not work after the first time. I tried to use the "contact us" link on the site, but there was NEVER an answer. I tried several times a week for three weeks, but nothing. I also tried to contact the nfl.com staff, but e-mail was all I had to try and again nothing.
I gave up and vowed to warn others.
If you have to join, make sure you get a phone number to call. At least you have a chance. And make sure someone actually answers before you pay.
Unfortunately, the group that takes your money when you join is just a separate company that checks the credit cards, etc. After they arrange your payment, they do not deal with the league at all.

Its your money.

Vegas Dave

Forum Member
Jul 23, 2002
What about the free yahoo ones?

I've had no problems with those in the past.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Vegas Dave said:
What about the free yahoo ones?

I've had no problems with those in the past.

The free ones shouldn't be an issue. I use yahoo to run my league. It doesn't have all of the options that CBS has, but it also doesn't cost $140 just to use the site for the league. So I'll stick with that.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SimonSezs

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2001
Gambling Town, USA
Something perhaps you can consider as an option down the road if this happens again - If you use your credit card you can dispute the charge if something like this happens. You paid for a service and they did not fulfill it. It seems you had this problem from the start. So prior to paying your CC bill make sure everything is up and running. I'd verify the policy for each CC, but in today's age alot of banks are protecting consumers.

It's another measure of protection. One way or another you'll get an answer or a credit.