Rosey

Forum Member
Jul 1, 2001
Chicago
BIG 12 CONFERENCE

NORTH

K-STATE WILDCATS 11 RETURNING STARTERS O:4 D:7

HC BILL SNYDER 105-49-1 SU

Can the Kitties take full advantage of their schedule, and really make some BCS noise??
Can the offense gel in enough time to welcome the Trojans into town??
Will the defense dominate this year??

The 2002 Wildcats have one hell of a shot at ending up in the desert come January. They should get down on their knees and thank the schedule makers. They only have 1 tough roady at CU, and get all the other top dawgs at home. They do lose some talent at the skilled positions, but they will get some much-improved play from whoever the field general is. The defense is what will make this team great. They're loaded up front, and that should help out the inexperienced secondary. This defense has the makings of being really scary. HC Snyder always fields great special teams, and I'm sure he'll do it once again this year.

COLORADO BUFFALOES 15 RETURNING STARTERS O:7 D:8

HC GARY BARNETT 20-16 SU

Can the Buffs forget about LY's Fiesta Bowl, and get back to business??
Can the secondary improve??
Will they get as much out of their running game this year??
How badly will the special teams be affected with the loss of PR Hollowell??

The Buffs of 2001 pounced their way into National Championship contention, but ran into the Ducks in the desert & got rolled!!! This year?s team returns pretty much intact, and is led by stud QB Ochs. He has to remain healthy this year for the Buffs to make any real noise. The backfield is loaded with talent, and I hope HC Barnett can find enough balls to keep RB's Brown, Houston, and Purify happy. The O-Line will have no problem paving the way once again since they return 8/10 from LY's squad. The defense returns a large portion of LY's players as well, but I'm not so sure that?s a good thing. The defense was definitely their Achilles heel LY, and they'll look to improve on 2001's numbers. Their schedule isn't very favorable w/ roadies to UCLA, Oklahoma, and Nebraska. They could win 2 of 3, and if they take care of business at home anything?s possible. The Buffs of 2002 definitely have the talent to make some noise, but their schedule is a bit nastier this time around.

NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS 11 RETURNING STARTERS O:5 D:6

HC FRANK SOLICH 42-9 SU

The obvious...Who will replace QB Crouch??
Will the PIPELINE to the O-Line continue to spit out stud lineman??
How will all the graduation losses affect this team??
Can they bounce back from their humiliating loss to Miami??

The Huskers of 2001 caught a lot of crap for getting to the Rose bowl, and it seemed the public was right. They got their clocks cleaned, and this year depends on how they react to that loss. This year also depends on how quickly a new QB can step in, and run the big Red Option. They return pretty much everyone in the backfield, and the O-line will most likely spit out another top-notch unit. The defense can once again be as stingy as ever depending on how everyone bounces back from his injuries. Big Red always puts out a national title contender, but there are some major losses in experience & depth. They have a god-awful road schedule going to happy Valley, A&M, and K-State. I would be shocked to see the Huskers win as many games as last year, and a trip to the Fiesta will be more than deserved if they go unscathed!!!

MIZZOU TIGERS 14 RETURNING STARTERS O:6 D:8

HC GARY PINKEL 4-7 SU

Will the Tigers be able to build on LY's season??
Will they're conditioning be better so they don't run out of gas in the 4th??
Will they be able to knock off a big dawg on the road, and get to a bowl game??

The Missouri tigers are clearly one of the most improved teams in the country. They get all of their skilled position players back, and they've got a year of HC Pinkel's new schemes under their belts. I'm really excited about the 2002 version of the Tigers. I definitely plan on making some $$$ backing these guys. QB Farmer has the skills to be one of the better QB's in the conference, & WR Gage will be his favorite target. The O-Line should also be able to open up holes for RB bowling ball Zack Abron to rumble through. The defense has been in the weight room all off-season getting faster, and stronger due to HC Pinkels concern for the lack thereof. I expect the defense to have one of the best seasons a Mizzou defense has ever had. Their schedule straight up sucks, but a winning season isn't out of the question. If anyone is going to upset a big dog, it'll be the Mizzou Tigers!!!!

IOWA STATE CYCLONES 12 RETURNING STARTERS O:5 D:7

HC DAN MCCARNEY 29-50 SU

What does QB Wallace have in store for us this time around??
Will the Cyclones continue to show improvement under HC McCarney??
Will the defense be able to improve on LY's numbers??

HC McCarney has done one hell of a job w/ the ISU program the last 7 years. He turned them into a solid program after being a perennial doormat for years. He now has one of the most exciting players on the conference leading his offense. QB Wallace is an absolute stud!!! He will have a breakout season this year, and so will the offense. They'll have to find some help in the backfield for ISU to have their 8th consecutive 1000-yard rusher under McCarney. The defense should be able to improve on LY's numbers provided they stay healthy. This years schedule is a complete nightmare, and it'll test the mettle of McCarney's program. FSU starts it off, and trips to Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas, K-STATE, and Colorado follow. Matching LY's 7 wins won't be possible, but an upset of a big dawg on the road is. ISU should hunt down and kill their schedule maker!!!!

KANSAS JAYHAWKS 10 RETURNING STARTERS O:5 D:5

HC MIKE MANGINO 0-0 SU

How will the Hawks react to their new coaches schemes??

My Jayhawks will have themselves one hell of a long season. New coach, new schemes, and the fewest returning starters in the conference equals a rebuilding year for good OL' KU!!!! All of their winnable games are on the road, and it wouldn't surprise me to see this team go DEFEATED in Big 12 play.

Rosey

Forum Member
Jul 1, 2001
Chicago
I just wanted to make sure everyone saw these before they were knocked off the page.

Bet on MyBookie