BIG news regarding Clemson/Auburn Chick-Fil-A Bowl

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

I Never Met Irv

Forum Member
May 8, 2007
This news won't be out until tomorrow, but my source within the Clemson football department confirmed tonight that both of Clemson's starting OLB are academically ineligible for the bowl game. Both of these players were seniors, with one being a 4 year starter and the other being a 3 year starter.

In addition, Clemson's starting RT(another senior) is also ineligible.

RIGHT now would be a good time to jump on the Auburn moneyline. Clemson's defense has been good this year, but the one weak point has been at linebacker. It's because they're incredibly thin. The status of MLB Cortney Vincent is TDB as well, because of a DUI. Sources say he'll probably play, especially now that the other 2 are out.

Still, Clemson is going to struggle to stop the run and the short passing game now. I'm a Clemson fan, so I can't allow myself to choose Auburn, but I'm strongly leaning towards the UNDER now.

I know that sounds strange, but bear with me. With these two out, it makes the under even more likely, IMO. It means that Auburn will be looking to run the ball even more, and right at Clemson. What do a lot of runs between the hash marks equal? It means a lot of time is going to be eaten up by the Auburn offense and a lot of really long drives. They'll also just keep the chains moving with the short passing game.

Good luck with your plays - just wanted to pass this early info along, because Vegas hasn't gotten a hold of it yet.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

I Never Met Irv

Forum Member
May 8, 2007
Justin, I'm a Clemson fan, and I'm completely torn on this game. Last time Clemson went to Atlanta, it beat the crap out of a really good Tennessee team in the Peach Bowl.

When Bowden's teams have had their head on straight, they've been really good in big games. The same can be said for Tubberville's Auburn teams, though.

It's an intriguing matchup. I see a defensive slugfest in the making. 21-17 either way.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg