BIG Play Weekend!

vvegas29

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2006
Have to strike back after last week's poorest showing of the season. Have to keep the BP record up - YTD 13-5-2 !!

Big Plays:
Arizona St - 23
The reg Cardinal QB is out leaving this already weaponless team hurting even more. ASU 9-2 for last 11 at home laying DD spread. Fought back against SC last week, back at home with confidence facing the weakest Pac10 foe. Blowout!!!

Georgia Tech +8
Big Trend standing out here - last 11 in this series, the dog is 11-0. Ball keeps this close througout.

Cal -23
Here we go again - Big Play for the 5th straight week. They have been a force and hoping that string continues agains much weeker foe. First half is a wise and profitable bet. At home facing a team that was just beat by OSU. Only fear is Cal letting up and WU backdooring the line. Willing to take that chance even with Vegas 'finally' giving the Bears some line respect this week.

Also Likes (sputtering record 7-10-1 ytd):

Texas +4.5
I looked, looked again and looked some more. I just don't understand this line. Maybe I'll be shocked tomorrow, but TX is a better squad on both sides of the ball. This line should be 7+, so I'm thrilled to get well under a TD here. Huskers haven't beaten too many high quality foes under Callahan.

BC +5.5
FSU not impressing anyone this year other than their big blowout agains Duke = big deal! BC a fighter every game and see no change this week. Can see losing this game based on one bad turnover, but more willing to take the pts with a team that's covered 6 of last 7 as a road dog.

Bama +11.5
Painful to take this team again after poor showing last week. I'm playing this strictly as a strong trend hoping that the tide's D keeps it tighter than expected. Visitor has covered 5 straight in this rivalry and 13 of last 14!

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
im not at all questioning the veracity of your numbers. but bama/tenn and gtech/clem trends seem a little too good to be true. you have a source our do you keep your own stats?

vvegas29

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2006
I hear ya - USA today is the free source for this info:

Example:

Here's the trend listing for the G. Tech / Clem game copied right from their matchups page-

Recent Trends
Georgia Tech: Under is 8-2 in GATCH last 10 road games.

GATCH are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 road games.
Under is 17-5-1 in GATCH last 23 games in October.

Clemson: CLEM are 15-3 ATS in their last 18 night games.

CLEM are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games on Grass.
Under is 7-2 in CLEM last 9 night games.

Head to Head: Underdog is 11-0 ATS in their last 11 meetings.

Bet on MyBookie