Big Red Machine

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Wilson

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2002
1813 Virginia St
I have a feeling they rough up Oswalt.

This lineup already beat him twice this year. I expect Arroyo to pitch well----but, not well enough to keep the total under 7.

Reds and over.

HoopsGuru

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2004
you got it reversed. Phils rough up Arroyo today. 5.54 era & 1.51 whip career vs phils. It looks like he's done well recently until you look at who he's faced in his last four starts, Hou/SD/AZ/Hou. That's nothing to brag about. Oswalt is 9-0 at citizen bank park. Maybe the Reds can get 2 base runners tonight? If I was thinking of taking the Reds I think ov 3 is the better play. Don't think i'd take the phils at -185, might reduce the juice and take them at -1 and possibly over 4 if that's their team total. People keep underestimating this team at home in the playoffs. 13-3 at home in the playoffs from '08 to present.

JT 314

Forum Member
Jul 20, 2009
Underestimated as a 2/1 favorite?? Not anymore, late in the year this line would have been 150!! Not saying Reds win but they are the ones that are underestimated at this point. Think this is a good spot for them.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Destructor D

Destructor
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2005
Kansas City, MO
I think the Reds are in a good situation. They were humiliated in their previous game and Arroyo has pitched in pressure situations before with Boston. He'll be okay tonight and he was tough late in the year... don't tell me San Diego, Houston, and Arizona are terrible teams. Houston played above .500 after a miserable start and San Diego won 90 games.

I took Reds @ +183 with my offshore just now for a nice size wager... do I feel real confident they win, uh no. However, there is value at this number and the price is inflated based on the public's reaction to Halladay's no-hitter. I give the Reds are 40% shot at wnning tonight so I'm gambling, but think they have a shot.

Based on my percentages, they're the play.:violin:

HoopsGuru

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2004
San Diego/Hou/AZ are terrible hitting teams. I didn't say they were bad teams. If San Diego could score 3+ runs/game they'd be in the playoffs. I'm a phils fan and follow the team but don't blindly take them, if I do take them its typically a team total. I didn't take them in game 1. I just don't see any edge to take cincy in this game. Arroyo is light years behind Oswalt this year.

Wilson

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2002
1813 Virginia St
San Diego/Hou/AZ are terrible hitting teams. I didn't say they were bad teams. If San Diego could score 3+ runs/game they'd be in the playoffs. I'm a phils fan and follow the team but don't blindly take them, if I do take them its typically a team total. I didn't take them in game 1. I just don't see any edge to take cincy in this game. Arroyo is light years behind Oswalt this year.

Oswalt is 0-2 against in his last two aganst reds

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

HoopsGuru

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2004
As an Astro. How is that relevant? He's 23-4 lifetime (also not relevant). Arroyo has allowed lefties to hit .280 against him this year. good luck.