Big Trade

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SPIDER

Forum Member
Jun 4, 2004
penny, choi and minor league lefty to dodgers for mota, laduca and encarnacion. should help both teams out especially if the dodgers can land randy johnson.

who will catch for the dodgers?

spider

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
BENSON and Victor Zambrano just went to the METS too according to ESPN RADIO

SPIDER

Forum Member
Jun 4, 2004
not bad for the mets, that should put them rite in the mix. they did give up kazmir who is going to be great but benson and zambrano should help them this year and years to come. they have a solid team top to bottom, now they just have to play baseball.

brad fullmer went to the padres which makes me think they will not get finley.

spider

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

boilermaker

Bud Man
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2001
Marion ,Indiana
As a Dodger fan I do not like this trade. I know we need another starter but feel they really gave up to much to get one. Don't understand taking Choi at all.

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
It's still a possibility that The Dodgers ship Penny to The Diamondbacks for you know who !!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mjalam

Forum Member
Jan 30, 2003
Bay Area, CA
boilermaker said:
As a Dodger fan I do not like this trade. I know we need another starter but feel they really gave up to much to get one. Don't understand taking Choi at all.

he is better than shawn green

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
In baseball you never weaken your middle and dodgers did that you have catcher, ss, 2nd and cf that is the heart of the team first base is almost last and I don't think Johnson will go to la so this is a bad deal IMO, but there is more to come if not they would not of gave up a above avg catcher who was a team leader but don't think it is johnson, gues we will see.

Stewy

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Kansas City, Missouri
The Dodgers have a good team chemistry, this move was completely ignorant. They have alot of good prospects they could have moved to get a starting pitcher. LoDuca has done an outstanding job with this pitching staff and hit's over .300 you can't replace that.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
News
The Dodgers immediately addressed the departure of everyday catcher Paul Lo Duca, trading a player to be named later for Colorado backstop Charles Johnson. C.J. got off to a hot start this season, but currently has a .258 average, 11 homers, and 41 RBI.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
Phillies acquired RHP Felix Rodriguez from the Giants for outfielder Ricky Ledee and RHP Alfredo Simon.
The Phillies needed the reliever and Ledee was expendable. Still, because they're giving up Simon and taking on a $3.15 million financial commitment for 2005 (assuming Rodriguez exercises his player option), they're probably overpaying slightly. Rodriguez will be used to set up Tim Worrell for now. Now that they've freed up a little money, we assume the Giants are going to trade for another reliever to replace Rodriguez.

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
A deal that would have sent Brad Fullmer to San Diego for Jake Gautreau has reportedly fallen through because of concerns about Fullmer's knee.
If Fullmer is no longer an option, the Padres likely will again look to Seattle's Dave Hansen. Jul. 30 - 9:46 pm et
Source: SportsLine.com

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
Giants are sick in the head acquiring Rick Ledee. Like I said in another thread he was a moron with The Yanks and continues to be.

That 3-0 swing he took and flied out with runners on 1st and 2nd the other nite against The Marlins with "THE FILLIES" trainling by a run ..would that have anything to do with him being traded.

Of course it does, along with his other dumbell doings.
Of course this deal may fall thru..because how does Ledee pass the physical without a brain ????????? LOL

BYE BYE GIANTS...he he he LOL

SPIDER

Forum Member
Jun 4, 2004
Looks like the mets are ready to make a run. they are solid up and down the lineup.

spider