BigWest Barn Burner tonight! USU+3.5

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Dax22

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2000
Utah
I like the Aggies in this game tonight for several reasons.

1. UCSB have two great guards that can shoot very well and USU runs alot of man to man. UCSB's guards won't get off their shots like they do normally.

2. USU is by far the more athletic of the teams.

3.Aggies Leading The Nation In Field-Goal Percentage Offense: As of Dec. 17, 2001, Utah State is leading the nation in field-goal percentage offense at 52.9 percent. The Aggies are also 10th in the country in rebounding margin (+10.3). The Defense that USU runs can flat out sufficate a team.

4.In The Month Of January: Utah State has been virtually unbeatable in the month of January over the past two seasons as the Aggies have posted a 15-2 record. Utah State is 13-1 in league play over the past two seasons and has an amazing 7-1 record on the road in league in the month of January over that period.

I think this game might look good to some people becasue of the lose by USU to Cal poly the other night but USU has only lost two games both of them were late in the fourth quarter. I'm taking the Aggies and the points. Stew Morril will have the Aggies up for this game look for their trademark defense and rebounding to show again tonight in a game that shows who the big dog is in the Big West.

And comments would be great let me know what you think.

Dax22

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2000
Utah
Big Game Hunter I'm glad there is another person in here that spends time capping the Big West. I follow the Big West every year and I haven't missed the Big West Tourney in 4 years. I think there is alot of value in playing the Big West sonce they are a mid-Major. I'll be looking for your info on games to come. Do you really think their is any team in the Big West as athletic or as good at defense as USU. With the Defense and their rebounding ability I doubt anyone will beat them by 8 in the BWC. Today I also like UoP and their defense and good coach and I like to take Fullerton with big spreads they get no respect. But they are a scrappy physical team. It all depends on wich LBST team shows up tonight. Well good luck and later.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BIG GAME HUNTER

Forum Member
I am new to mad jack so i dont know what i can say and what i cant. I used to play in the big west and then they moved the whole conference around. I am on my way to work now but do me a favor and let me know what i can and what i cannot say on mad jack.

Dax22

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2000
Utah
USU has 6 players that are returning and played an important part last year and they have 3 new JC transfers that are playing. Penigar is tearing up the Big West he is a big time player that can score any where he wants.

UCSB has all of their starters back from last year and Nidaye. UCSB has been tough at home and Fullove is playing good right now.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dax22

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2000
Utah
Big Game Hunter I'm not sure what you mean. You are allowed to write anything you want I don't think Madjack likes you writing stuff about other sites. But other then that you can write all the inside info you have we won't ask where you got it Just Kidding.

Dadeesh

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by Dax22:
I like the Aggies in this game tonight for several reasons.

1. UCSB have two great guards that can shoot very well and USU runs alot of man to man. UCSB's guards won't get off their shots like they do normally.

2. USU is by far the more athletic of the teams.

3.Aggies Leading The Nation In Field-Goal Percentage Offense: As of Dec. 17, 2001, Utah State is leading the nation in field-goal percentage offense at 52.9 percent. The Aggies are also 10th in the country in rebounding margin (+10.3). The Defense that USU runs can flat out sufficate a team.

4.In The Month Of January: Utah State has been virtually unbeatable in the month of January over the past two seasons as the Aggies have posted a 15-2 record. Utah State is 13-1 in league play over the past two seasons and has an amazing 7-1 record on the road in league in the month of January over that period.

I think this game might look good to some people becasue of the lose by USU to Cal poly the other night but USU has only lost two games both of them were late in the fourth quarter. I'm taking the Aggies and the points. Stew Morril will have the Aggies up for this game look for their trademark defense and rebounding to show again tonight in a game that shows who the big dog is in the Big West.

And comments would be great let me know what you think.

Sorry Guys, 1st Post my mistake. I tried to dlete but couldnt.

[This message has been edited by Dadeesh (edited 01-05-2002).]

He Hate Me

Forum Member
Feb 21, 2001
Seal Beach,Ca
USU is way down from a year ago, they lost 4starters. Gauchos by 19.

Fullerton by 2 over LBsT.
Irvine by 2 over RSide
Pacific by 17 over Csun

I attend about 40 Big West games a year so I know the confrence very well. I have been following the ** since it was the PCAA.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dax22

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2000
Utah
The Aggies showed who is the big dog on the block there next big game willbe next week on ESPN2 vs. UCI. They are thinner then the last two years but they play team ball and great defense. And they showed it tonight by keeping UCSB to 56 points.

Buckman

Forum Member
Nov 20, 2001
Maumee, Ohio
Dax good call on Utah St. unfortunately I was on Santa Barbara. I love the info I get from guys who know a particular conf. very well. My guy hates it when I bet these games. Because he knows I getting info from people on this board.
smile.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Dax22 you can say most anything with in reason. Just dont try selling anything here. This site is about everyone helping each other for free. You can even call some one a Bull Chitter if you wish. Try to have agood reason. But you are close to info I can't get my hands on very easy. Or you follow a certin conference we all can not do as well as you. You place your info here. Were all big boys here. We can decide to use it or just think about it. GL with your picks. Looking forward to you slipping us a few winner.