BIRON IN!!

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
Horns-
I completely agree with you. This was what i had mentioned previously in my other thread(tonight's notes thread)

Probable Goalies: Washington?Olaf Kolzig (9-10-1, 2.80 goals-against average). Buffalo?Bob Essensa (0-3-0 3.19). Of course, take this for what it is worth, sometimes the papers just assume who is in goal...

Atlanta did the same thing to me or at least the Atlanta Journal Constitution did about 2 weeks ago. They expected Rhodes in but instead Hnlicka was in. One thing I think that is crucial to look at when all of us are searching for goalies is the way in which the newspaper lists it. for example, today's post listed them as probable. there was nothing else mentioned, no questions asked to ruff about who would be in, nothing, it was almost as if the newspaper simply assumed that with back to back games Essensa was the starter. That is dangerous info to list in the paper. I think it would be very beneficial for all of us from now on to not only list the expected goalies but where we find it and the way in which the info is presented. (i.e. are they listed as the probable goalie in a small blurb, like in the wash post or is it a quote from the coach saying so in so is starting in net tonight.
Later...

Bet on MyBookie