Black Nites and a few more

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
Army -15 over ECU *****
Think this is the best game on Saturday . Army QB Bryson Dailey heard the chant from the Corp of cadets at Michie Staduin on Saturday blowing out UAB " Heisman,Heisman Heisman" Although he will never get it the Corp and the football team think he can. And maybe Monken his coach . He is a 6 ft 230 pound QB who runs like a fullback but has moves like a halfback. He has one of the strongest arms and if you watched the 2nd or 3rd play of last weeks game On a keeper he stiff armed an UAB line backer for a +40 yds touchdown run. I acknowledge they haven't played big time teams and have beaten Lehigh,FAU,Rice,Tulsa and UAB and are now 5-0....and Bryson has dominated but the way Army runs its option even if ECU changes its tactics and tries to stop Brysons rushing yds he has an arm but more importantly has 2 running backs Udoh and Short. And he can stop and pass to his wr's as the ECU cb's and safeties come up to stop the run. Bryson avgs over 7 yds per carry and has 6 rushing Td's . Army's option triple threat H-back offense control the clock . It's tough playing Army because they dictate what kind of defense you play. Nobody wants to play Army because all week the def coordinators of opposing teams are implementing new def schemes to stop the Army offense . Because Dailey is dominating with his keepers I'm sure ECU main objective is to stop him But Army has 2 running backs Udoh and Short who can score anytime they have the ball. And Armys top RB Robinson is out with a knee injury. I think for the season. Anyway ECU defense is in trouble They have lost to Charlotte,Liberty,Appa St ODU 55-24,31-24,21-19,.. They did open their season vs Norfolk St and win 42-3. Army is No 1 in the country in rushing but more importantly 6-0 ats Black Nites at home vs the Pirates and win big by 25-35 pts . Maybe the Heisman chant will be louder at Michie Staduim and maybe he might get some attention but Bryson Dailey is the real deal and not one cadet gets NIL money . Maybe he will get assigned to Hawaii for a few years but he has to beat Navy for that assignment . ECU in trouble and Black Nite win by +30
back later in week for a few more games

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
thank you dog lover To be politically correct its Indigenous day But its always been Columbus day . We know what Christopher did to the Indians . But he had nothing to do with Salem Rock in Massachusetts or the Mayflower. The Indians helped the settlers ,then were asked to move over and over until they got to Oklahoma . THen in Oklahoma they made them live on the white mans reservations. Then the white man wanted more and more and pushed them further in land . Then Custer and his crew got wiped out and President Jackson who was raised by Indians pushed them even further west . Columbus was bad but there were many much worse. Then you had Cortez and Pizzaro from Spain conquer Mexico and South America . The native Indians had no chance vs the Europeans in the new world. Columbus an Italian who flew under the Spanish flag is credited with the holiday day. We ancestors of Italy took the brunt of it but it was all Europeans. Columbus thought he founded India not North America ...
Dog Lover how are you and your wife doing? All is well here in South Austin . We need to hook up someday during hoops season. I gave up my season tickets to U Texas but still have my Tex St season tickets . Texas football is No 1 and deserves to be No 1. Still haven't had a " break fast Taco . I'm holding out . We haven't had rain in almost 40 days .. Maybe we need an Indigenous rain dance to get some water in our reservoirs .. my best to your wife and hope your store is doing well. Keep in touch

Reactions: tcon142

RUSerious

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 11, 2018
Box;

I researched this line over the weekend, and originally saw -17, which surprised me. Today -15. Not sure what we are not seeing that Vegas is seeing.
When I saw E. Carolina on the schedule last week I was assuming the line would be in the mid 20''s.
One publication I read had Army winning by 8, citing the D-Line of E. Carolina as a strength, the Pirates coming off a bye, and their coach having played/prepared for Navy six consecutive years. I feel it's all smoke, and also have the Black Knights covering like a blanket, by 25 to 30. E. Carolina got hammered by a juggernaut, the Charlotte 49'ers last week 55 - 24. Lost to Liberty by double digits, and lost to an App St. team 21 - 19 who is nowhere near as good as some of the recent App St teams. E. Carolina is 3 - 3, with 2 of their 3 wins coming against FCS programs. Their one FBS win was 30 - 20 over a UTSA team that is also not as strong as they have been.

Any thoughts on the -15 would be appreciated. I'm seeing this somewhere in the 48 - 21 range. The Defenses Army has faced die in Q3 and Q4 after getting steamrolled for 2 1/2 quarters, and I see the same happening on Saturday at West Point.

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
RU thanks didn't know about ECU' a asst coach and Navy connections but Navy couldn't stop them back then. But if he coached at Navy he does know the Army;s ways to respond to what there doing on defense . I don't think Monkin changes much . BUT Army's QB has a strong and accurate arm so if the Pirates take away the option think Bryson can beat them with his accurate arm My son is an ECU graduate and of course he thinks his team will win and not just cover, His answer to me was " look who Army has played"? In a way that is true but in the past Army's schedule is usually some weaker opponents and then they go out and Beat Michigan Notre Dame etc Think Army coach is ahead of his game opponents . He see's the other teams adjustments and responds to them .. the opposing head coach is asking his buddies in the booth " WTF should we do now" Their response is " punt Lol anyway Like Texas over Georgia[ will explain more later" and love the Black nite who win big over the Pirates of Greenville North Carolina

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Always think if you know what an opposing coach will do you have an advantage . I knew when we ran a " box and one" in basketball how other coaches would play their defense. SO I could make another adjustment defending the attack. But I did lose 3 NY state finals . A good friend of mine and fellow coach always said " the box defense got you there but I needed to change some of it or adjust better Looking back on that think he was right.

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Bryson Dailey QB will not be stopped by ECU defense. They might slow his dominance down because he is almost unstoppable but his running mates can break open Plus their original RB is ready to play after sitting out most of last year Robinson . He is a slot back that when he turns the corner can fly. ECU has to figure a way to stop Daileys keeper his options to Robinson now and of course Udoh and Short. And we really haven't seen Dailey throw the ball. He has an outstanding arm and on one of his sweeps when he reads the ECU cb's are coming up to stop his run he will use his arm and hit one of his wr's wide open . Army pounds East Carolina will its rushing attack and ball control . Granted Army's schedule has been weak but it doesn't matter who they play they just score td's and chew up the clock Army wins big

Reactions: rocky mountain

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Its 2 teams with not great opponents . Think ECU has to change its defense to stop Army's option attack All new defensive assignments and schemes. Army runs the same option and we'll see how ECU defense tries to stop the option Monken makes his option changes and again with a QB who can chew up yards and really hasn't been tested with his arm will cause ECU defense big time problems Think after seeing Army and watching them on tape ECU will and must stop Bryson option From stopping his rushing and hand offs < Bryson see's what the defense is giving him Think that Bryson will fake his hand offs and keeps he ball . He is probably one of the best rushing qb's because he is built like a full back and when he gets to the line of scrimmage does he tuck it under and keep the ball or dish to one of his rb's Both backs are talented and can turn up field And if Robinson who is back after sitting out last season is really the fastest then all there other rb's. All week ECU defensive players are practicing on " how to stop the Black nites . The Off line of Army is a strength and they know their assignments . ECU defense playing Appa St,ODU and UTSA offenses haven't been really tested. Army in the past has handled the Michigans and Notre Dames with 5 star Def tackles and ends. Army is not pass blocking unless they get behind because there off lineman push out and block . The Army OL is like a machine and everyone knows their assignments. . Navy does the same. But Bryson has an accurate arm and when you have someone that is accurate and can pass the ball something has to give My buddy who has season tickets to Army says " he could be the best QB Army has ever had. After seeing him last week vs UAB my buddy could be right But the season is young and me seeing him once .. I need to see him a few times . It is easy for Army to accumulate big yards vs's the ODU's and Appa States but in the past they do the same thing vs the Oklahoma's Notre Dame s and Michigans Army might look ahead because on Nov 9th they play in Denton Texas and my North Texas ..lol ....we really haven't seen Bryson's arm yet and think ECU will put more defenders in the box and make Bryson throw. But Bryson has 13-14 rushing Td's He has over 750 yds rushing think 7th in the country in scoring. Army is always criticized because of the schedule but when they play the " big boys" they can stay with them Except LSU where they were beaten 62-0 last yr. Navy is 6-0 and it would be great if both play each other and the winner gets an invite to the playoffs . think Monken might realize his QB is Heisman material and lets him roll up some extra yds instead of him subbing . Good luck everyone Think I'm drinking to much Orange Kool aide backing Texas and living near the Hudson River my whole life cheering for my Black Nites No I never drank Hudson River water .. good luck everyone this week

Taking Texas

oxnardca1

Forum Member
Oct 7, 2006
Oxnard, CA
Hey Box,

Your take on this game, is VERY strong!!! I'm sure it will Hit!!

I did email you, w my. Phone number

Hope that our paths can cross

Eddy

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
Go Army! If this game was @ ECU I'd prob be there. Been to a lot of Pirate games over the years and it's usually pretty cheap to get in plus we found a radio station that does a tailgate so we basically pay to park and the rest of the day is free! The only downside is that you have to watch East Carolina play football lol

Hopefully Army will run all over them. Might take the Over will definitely be on Army!

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Bryson stats

7-10 passing 147 yds ! Td

Rushing 31-171 yds 5 td's

He broke a few Armys Touchdown records 5 tds today

He also lowered his shoulder when running and knocked some linebackers and db's about 4 yds back like a full back . He could be a possible candidate for the Heisman . Army is undefeated and next week has Air force at home then 2 away games vs North Texas and Notre Dame.. If he continues scoring td's he is in the race for a Heisman . He does rush like a fullback and lowers his body on contact . And although today if anyone saw him play he could break a lot of scoring records at Army. The Corp call him " Superman" I am a believer after today watching him. The knock on him is the teams he is going against .. But if does what he is doing to Notre Dame he might be invited to the Heisman dinner. Imagine a cadet winning this award .. Go Bryson .. Ox will get together tomorrow I will call you

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
What followed were scoring runs of 17 and 31 yards in the second quarter; 1 and 3 yards in the third; and, a 4-yard score with under five minutes to play, providing late relief in a 45-28 victory over the Pirates.

Army football's leader Bryso​

Bet on MyBookie