Blackhawks vs Oilers writeup

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Didn't exactly spell it out but from my writeup you could tell I was on Leafs last nite. So let's keep it going and only give writeup for info sake.

Chicago Blackhawks @ Edmonton Oilers

Chicago finishes their Western Canada roadtrip still looking for a victory. The Hawks played in Calgary last nite and controlled most of the game, they got early lead, played an ugly road style boring game which took the Calgary crowd out of the game. Late goal by Flames tied it up and OT solved nothing.

Chicago still off to an amazing start but most of that success has been at home as they are only 3-5-2 on the road. Tonight will be 3rd game in 4 nites, all on the road and back to back as well (this is my favourite play against situation).

Edmonton is still playing good hockey and has a healthy team and solid goaltending at the moment. Oilers just finished a very successful 5 game roadtrip getting 8 out of possible 10 points. Edmonton is 6-3 at home this year and have already beaten Chicago 1-0 earlier this year in Edm.

Backup netminder S. Passmore expected to start for Hawks. Passmore has played twice this year, 0-1 .875 save percentage, 3.33 gaa.

Unconfirmed but most likely T.Salo for Oilers.

Last 12 meetings in series 5-5-2. Edmonton 3-0-1 in last four at home in this series.

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
yeah baby!!! nice win for the oil tonight.

I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks in Thailand and Hong Kong so won't be able to do any writeups. Then again, I haven't had any replies in my threads for the past of couple of days so not sure what benefit these writeups are. Either way, good luck to everyone for the next 3 weekk.

Would love to drop in but with 12hr time difference, it'd be hard to make any plays as most will have started by the time I wake up =)

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
Well I read your stuff... and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Have fun out there in Asia
smile.gif

Ice Picks

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2000
Richmond, VA
INFIN - have a nice vacation...

I think most of the regular posters probably read all of the other posts...but don't worry if no-one comments in your threads... your work does not go un-noticed...

Nice call on Edmonton last night...IP
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Ice Picks (edited 11-17-2001).]

Bet on MyBookie