Boston vs Montreal

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Boston/Montreal, not a really nice match up but since I just know I will put some $ down why not look at it a little bit more. This game is not going in any system play for me; so its just numbers against numbers, game cycle and other factors.
I haven?t done this in a while but I will put my taught down for this one.

Boston Bruins left wing Scott Pellerin will be sidelined indefinitely with an eye injury
A defensive-minded forward, Pellerin has one goal and two assists in 19 games this season.
It wont take away offensive power but it might affect the bruins pen killing which is in the top %. The Boston Bruins are getting thin in the forward department, their injuries list is getting bigger day by day and this will start to get to them sooner or later.
Pelelrin, Kultanen, Stock, Henderson, Zamuner, Jackman are all out.

This hasn?t showed in Boston last 3 games they have won a good home game against Montreal, they out shut New Jersey big time to win 5 to 4 and won against a really bad buffalo team 3-1.
A good effort in those games, but the previous two meetings where not that impressive, whit a lost to Colombus and Minnesota. Boston has not custom us to 4 wins in a row in the past two years and they probably are at the end of this wining cycle.

Montreal is playing its first game since winning against florida on Saturday shooting 45 times on kidd. Their previous game was against boston on nov 13. This is a well rested team that is focusing on the upcoming calender; trying to make the most of home games before going away for lots of consecutive road game. Therrien and Carboneau press conference were about the next 4 games importance and I do believe that they will have this team focus.(at least they had the time to do so)

Habs' coach Therrien juggles centres against Florida in hopes of conjuring some offence. Therrien made his top two centres appear on different lines against florida. Kidd was hot in that one but althought Montreal shut 40 times only one shut came thru. Lots of problem on offense and Montreal could only rely on one line. Perreault, association with Petrov and Savage has produced 20 of the Canadiens' 41 goals this season. Therrien took those guys apart and the potential downside is that neither of the new combinations will click and Therrien will have lost his one productive line.
The problem is that Rucinsky is not producing and he would be the first to admit he hasn't been playing well this season. He has a goal and five assists in 16 games and has a shooting percentage of 2.9 per cent, well off his career mark of 12.3
BOS has won, and covered the last four meetings.
The over is 4-1 in Bruins last five games overall.
BOS has won its last three straight games.
MON is 2-1-1 ATS on two days rest this season.
Habs are just 4-9-1 ATS in last 14 games overall.
The under is 5-1 in last six meetings.
Montreal ATS Record at home When Scoring...
1 or less(1-3),2 goals (0-0),3goals ( 4-0)
Boston ATS Record away When Scoring
1 or less---(1-3) , 2 goals (2-1) ,
The previous meetings bruins/habs went mostly under (5 of last 6 went under) Boston winning 5 of last 6.
This year, following a win playing away boston is 0-2 and mtl in the same situation at home is 3-2
When playing away, Boston as 1.62 GF and 1.87 GA Montreal at home is playing at 1.9 GF and 1.8 GA.
I don?t thing Montreal will try to open the tempo against boston.
1) Montreal knows they don?t have the tools to do so.
2) They did so last week and lost.
3) They wont and cant afford to give away any outmatch in the defensive zone or cant be caught high in the offensive zone.
4) They focus all week on playing well in defense and shutting from anywhere on oppo goal.

When playing whit division team , Boston is 2.5 gf 1.75 ga and Montreal 3.4 GF and 3.2 GA which I have to say is getting question mark in my mind.

Over/Under Records for boston when playing away is 1 over and 6 under and for Montreal 1 over and 8 under at home.

My call: Montreal and the under,
Montreal winning 3 to 1.
Good luck to all
This is only one opinion, Do your own stuff
Good luck in all the other games for tonight

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Not going the way i sow it at all
Montreal giving lots of space to boston and all the space they want in center ice.

Sorry guys.
Hope other plays will come thru.
Going out for a walk.

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Came back from my walk.
surprise surprise
2-2 and now 3-2
what a turn around for both teams,i have to say i feel lucky tonight that this one turn out right.
i felt bad 'cose those long post dont always come thru the way you want them, bad for me but bad for you guys.
good night

Bet on MyBookie