Bowling for the week

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
This is going to be my progressive thread on the Bowl Games-

Played Cincy (wonderful performance against that North Texas juggernaut), and Marshall.

RECORD- 1-1

Clemson/Texas Tech (-5.5) Tangarine bowl

When I handicap games, I first look at the schedules. I can make a play on this game by just looking at the schedule.

A question for everyone-WHO HAS CLEMSON BEAT?
Louisana Tech
Georgia Tech
Ball State
Wake Forest
Duke
North Carolina
South Carolina.
I ask-how many quality wins is that. I would say...2. And that's pushing it. (Georgia Tech and South Carolina)

Now, who has Texas Tech beat?
SMU
Ole Miss
New Mexico
Texas A&M
Missouri
Baylor
Oklahoma State
Texas

Quality win count...5 or 6.

Texas Tech is weak defensively, which is usually cause for alarm. However, they aren't playing an offensive powerhouse, and they don't have the run game that could really wear Tech down. Clemson aren't worldbeaters on either side of the ball, either.

Plus they won 8 games, and covered 7 of them. So, obviously when they beat a team, they cover. So basically, I think Texas Tech is the better team. If they win and dont cover (5.5 is not really a "key" number anyway) If they win 45-40, bend me over. But I think they win the game, and cover. Looking at competition, Tech is definitely the play.

PLAY- Texas Tech (-5.5)

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
First of all, Merry X-Mas to everyone:D

Just because its X-Mas doesn't mean there isnt some opportunity to find some value. Since I am going to pick a side or total for every game, here are today's-

UCLA (-10.5) vs. New Mexico
I thought about the over/under in this game, but I think it is impossible to pick. New Mexico seems to play down, or up, to their opponents. Case and point-
42-35 W vs. Utah
15-8 W vs. San Diego State.
Utah's defense is actually a little better than San Diego states.

I love the fact that New Mexico can play with their opponent either way. The only game they really played bad in is the 49-0 wholloping vs. Texas Tech. But, Texas Tech is no slouch as we learned this past Monday. :nono:

UCLA is in disarray, right now. I have a feeling they really don't care about this game. Just like last year when they turned down that bowl game bid. RAYMOND says he has some inside info, and who am I to disagree? :shrug:

PLAY New Mexico (+10.5)

Tulane at Hawaii (-13.5)
Any team that loses to the worst team in division 1-A, Army, I cannot back. Hawaii has a very good team, and a very good coach. It is amazing what he does with that program. I see no reason why Tulane can stay with Hawaii today, and I think we are getting some line value after that So. Miss win. (I believe Derrick Nix was out for that game.) Plus, that game was a lot closer than one would think. Alabama almost lost a shocker when hawaii held them to 20 points. Their defense is no slouch, either.

PLAY Hawaii (-13.5)