Boxing; 05/04/2013; Mayweather-Guerrero

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Not many folks giving Guerrero a shot here. I get that but this may surprise some the way it plays out. I'm thinking the majority of opinions would have Floyd by decision. Logical, right? So this is lined like -180. A number of guys beat Sugar Ray Robinson, perhaps the best ever by making him uncomfortable and not showing him the respect he thought he should be shown. Guerrero is such a guy. I am pretty sure this will get ugly and be a real dog fight. Lets face it, if Guerrero makes it a pure boxng match, his skills are no match for Mayweather's. I envision Guerrero getting in Floyd's face all night and rough housing it. Also Guerrero has a prettty good set of whiskers. Also I think most expect it to go all 12 frames. Headbutt anyone/cuts? Southpaw versus orthodox here. Bottom line Guerrero believes the championship is there for the taking. He won't show Floyd any respect and anything could happen. I do see value with Guerrero.

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Yea, maybe too many intangibles. Thing is a bunch of people are getting together to watch it so being the adrenalin junkie I am, I just may have to take a side. There are some prop plays yet to be posted. I shall return!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
me too

----

frankie baby you itching to bet against mares?

+250 ponce de leon :0003

i've met abner mares and ponce de leon in person, they seem about the same stature

abner better use lateral movement, or ponce will whack him hard

abner should win the first 3 or 4 rounds on activity alone

Last edited:

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
How did you know? Yup, liking Ponce as a value play. Sure, Ponce does leave something to desire when it comes to pure technical boxing acumen, but Mares is lacking in areas also. Ponce at feather long time; Lil Abner stepping up. Not really that easy to pick so why not take the odds?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
I read canelo will be at the mayweather-guerrero fight

he wants to fight mayweather

i hope he doesn't do another jinx like he did to cotto and ortiz

ukgaz

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento
Went for U11.5 at +190.

I see Mayweather looking for that counter all night and catching him in the late rounds. Guerrero has only hit the canvas once in his career but I see Mayweather using his opponents own super aggression to create the opening

JMAC

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
San Jose, CA
Guerrero is from my hometown...Gilroy, CA

Hopefully he can win in TKO in late rounds.

Maryweathether (HGH) should win, but Guerrerro has a big heart... hopefully he pulls it off!!!

Maryweather deserves to lose!!!

GL

JMAC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Mayweather by 12 round decision now leaked down to -151 at 5Dimes. Anyone considering Floyd may want to consider that play. What bothers me is the way Guerrero was grappling with Berto and in all honestly he looked a tad gassed. So we have a guy that stuck by his wife through thick and thin, and then we have the best boxer breathing air that smacks around the mother of his children. Not that that has anything to do with this, or does it? There is still one prop bet that 5DIMES has not posted yet; maybe they will not. When and if they do, I'll make a decision. The scoring in this fight may be a concern also. Mayweather is the darling of Las Vegas, and this city will do anything to generate income, even cheat. Watch the ref VERY closely. If you detect any bias, we know whose hand will be raised.

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
Went for U11.5 at +190.

I see Mayweather looking for that counter all night and catching him in the late rounds. Guerrero has only hit the canvas once in his career but I see Mayweather using his opponents own super aggression to create the opening

that is my only play also,

got it at

Under 11? +210 @ 5dimes

good luck.

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Someone please tell me was it that Floyd was just too good or father Guerrero was just lacking big time. I respect a man's deep seated beliefs as much as the next guy, but we want to see a boxing match, not a sermon, no? Guerrero says he won because he got the message out about his religious beliefs. I'm truly disappointed by Robert. Makes me wonder what fighter right now is actually any real competition for Mayweather. He should beat Khan handily also if that were to happen. Floyd looked terrific though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Will be another PPV and ticks will be astronomical. Khan is always talking poop. I think Floyd should beat him but I would not bet either way. Waiting for Mikey Garcia/Juan Manuel Lopez.

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
I'm going to bet on Juanma :facepalm:

on paper, mikey should tear him up but styles make fights.....

sux bute pulled out of pascal fight