Boxing 7-8/12 Pacman Marquez

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Huge weekend!

Vazquez at -125 looks interesting!

I still havent made my mind up about Marquez vs. Pacman...too many intangibles....who is juicing....

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
hmmm gift dec...

fight will probably be lopsided one way or another

prolly go with marquez

expect fight to be worse than 4th fight

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
judging

judging

Maybe the judges will try to be objective, what with the controversy in the main event. Gesta has faced limited opposition, but Bob Arum is involved so buyer beware. Vazquez opened -170 at 5 Dimes now -115 both. I see Vazquez as the better guy here, but the best man doesn't always win, does he?

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
i'll plop on gesta

vazquez didn't look so hot last time out

gesta should be pumped

gesta should soon be favorite due to pinoy action

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Stylistcially I see Gesta Vazquez being in Vazquez favour...good chin...and gesta is much shorter and fights in spurts..defence not so great as well....

Quintero is a better fighter than he is getting credit for...his big downfall is his chin, which of coure light punching Vazquez couldnt exploit....I expect Vazquez to do much better though than in this fight....

Though I dont know what Bob Arum is up to...this guy is soo crooked!!!

Marquez did suaqt like 275 lbs...quite a weight for a boxer of his size...a lot of intangibles...Marquez WPTS +400, MD +1900 and the draw...might play ends by a decision of any kind or late stoppage...without much confidecne....

I give hope a decent shot...Proksa by all accounts should be better than Barker....

BTW, does Jennenigs deserve to be such a big favourite a gainst Toupou!?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
If nothing else, Marquez is NOT awed by Pacquaio and really feels he can beat him. Shane Mosley did'nt. So what do the powers that be want the outcome to be, and just what outcome would satisfy the public. Tough question. According to the hype, both guys say THIS time a KO is the desired end to this money making sham. I think I have the answer. Both guys throw a massive shot at each other and both land at the same time resulting in a KO for each of them; end of story!

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Marquez/Norwood; 1999.

Marquez/Norwood; 1999.

First time I ever saw Marquez at Mandalay Bay. I actually bet Norwood, that little psycho, but I felt Marquez clearly won. It has been Marquez' kiss of death. He was too low key and not flashy enough. Just a sound very skilled workman type of guy. Norwood LOOKED like he was doing more, and really that is why he won. I think the judges in the Pac/Bradley realized this and gave the nod to Bradley, though I am sure most of you don't agree. Perhaps counter punchers just don't catch the judges eyes or don't give the impression they are mounting any "effective aggression". Manny gets off first, Marquez counters, seems Manny is making the fight. Maybe Marquez will get more credit for his work this time out, and Roach seems to believe this as he has said Manny needs a KO to secure a W.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg