Boxing; Alvarez/Lopez; point of information..

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Article from Boxingscene.com...
Canelo Alvarez and Josesito Lopez both had about six pounds to lose in the six days before the weigh-in for their Sept. 15 junior middleweight title bout, according to William Boodhoo, an official with the World Boxing Council.

Alvarez?s weight, 159.8 pounds, was certified Sept. 8 by Dr. Lorenzo Soberanes Maya, and Lopez?s weight of 160 pounds was certified Sept. 8 by Rudy Tellez, according to Boodhoo.

The maximum they could have been was 162 pounds.

That puts both fighters within what they could be for the sanctioning body?s mandatory 7-day weigh-in, which requires fighters to be within 5 percent of what they must be for their bout (Alvarez is the WBC?s titleholder at 154 pounds).

Both also came in within the 10 percent limit at their 30-day weigh-in last month, according to the WBC: Alvarez?s weight was reported to the sanctioning body as being 167.2 pounds, while Lopez?s was reported as being 166.5 pounds
Jeez! Lopez hasn't missed too many meals I'd say! A guy that was a legit 140 lb.guy, at this weight? Does he feel blubber will make him stronger? :facepalm:

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
josesito is getting knocked out

I can hear it now. "The ref calls a halt to the action at 2:15 of the 10th round". I really doubt that Alvarez is any where near the head case that Ortiz was/is/will continue to be. This fight struck me as goofy when it was made also.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
lopez is like that underdog in football, the team wins their last game with a monumental effort to get into the playoffs for first time in ages

next game is a letdown, division champ throttles them

canelo by blowout

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Yea, I agree. Cannot see Alvarez throwing away potential millions versus this guy. He has to know if he loses, his stock just dropped 50%. Also, a possible barn burner is Gonzalez versus Ponce de Leon on the undercard. I see Gonzalez as the more polished guy and more accurate puncher. Ponce make no mistake is tough as nails, but so was Olusegun and Matthysse laid waste to him. Jhonny is not Lucas M. but he is for real. I see Gonzalez as a 3-1 chalk.

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
i don't see how ponce catches up with gonza unless jhonny decides to stand in front of ponce and not move like antonio escalante

which he will NOT

jhonny is a sharp shooter nowadays and better under nacho than oscar suarez

parlay of the gingerbread man, j.gonz, and maidana seems like a good sandwich to make

soto karass is such a dumbass face first fighter, made to order for badass maidana

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
john jackson -280 and leo santa cruz -430 gotta be parlay stuffers

i dont know shit about jackson, but hes the son of julian jackson so he should be able to jack hammer

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

december26

Forum Member
Aug 6, 2010
Viva Argentina!

Viva Argentina!

Well folks, finally here, the fight I been looking forward to since it was signed and sealed. Following are my plays:

Martinez straight bet @ -200
11.5 rounds under @ +175(now down to -105)
Martinez/Macklin/Santa Cruz/Maidana parlay @ +300

I heard reports that Sulaiman placed a wager on Chavez to win, I mean really....so many things wrong w/ that....