boxing heads up...

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
betanysports is in the midst of a makeover so i`m not seeing anything on the showtime card tonight...but for any boxing fans,the main event looks like a cracker of a fight....luis nery(31-0 24 ko`s) vs brandon figueroa(21-0 16 k.o`s)...i watched a little of both guys on the net and neither is a fancy dan...they`re basically in-your-face/action fighters....maybe not pfp guys but certaily not pugs...it`s nery`s (the fave at roughly -250 to figueroa`s +179) second fight at a higher weight(122)

"If it's styes that truly make fights, this matchup is nothing short of perfect on paper. Nery is a stalker who looks to send his opponents packing with one punch. The 24-year-old Figueroa, on the other hand, is a nonstop volume puncher who typically forfeits his advantages in height and reach in ways that typically translate into entertaining fights.

The younger brother by seven years to Omar Figueroa Jr., a former lightweight titleholder, Figueroa fought to a split draw against Julio Ceja in 2019 before rebounding nicely last September when he stopped southpaw Damien Vazquez in Round 10 on the same pay-per-view card in which Nery defeated Alameda.

Figueroa will hold advantages over Nery in height by three inches along with nearly seven inches in reach.

"Nery is going to learn a lot about me. My size will definitely help me," Figueroa said. "I feel like he hasn't fought a guy this big, this strong and he's going to find out on Saturday night. I've trained tremendously for this fight. I have the best conditioning in the 122-pound division. My volume output speaks for itself and I feel like a lot of people underestimate me. After Saturday night, they won't.

"Once the bell rings, it's go-time and I come to fight. I come one hundred percent and I'm coming to take that belt home."

per nery...""This is going to be an all-out war from the first round on," Nery said during Thursday's final press conference. "People are going to be talking about it for a long time after."

if you`re home tonight,this one might be worth taking the time...

BOXLOCKS

Surveyor
Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Hell
discord.com
Absolutely

Absolutely

Thought about taking a shot on Fig due to his size and volume, but I just wanna watch this one as a fan. Should be a doozy

JOSHNAUDI

That Guy
Forum Member
Dec 12, 2000
Seguin, TX
www.schwartz-associates.com
I didn't catch it last night but watched the highlights this morning thanks to this post.

I guess this is what Gatti vs Gatti would have looked like.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/59WNtiywtlY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bet on MyBookie