BSUCards

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Since agent says your an IT guy was wondering if you could walk me through something.

Well, if you would care to help me I have one computer that is connected to a LINKSYS router right now. Works perfectly. I am trying to set up a second computer to connect to the same router (both laptops). However, I am having problems doing this. First of all I can't even get a wireless icon up. I know I might need to set up an access point (don't know how to do that). Also, what do I do once I am able to set up the access point.

Anyway, to begin with I tried connecting this second computer straight in to my modem but it had problems setting up a Local area connection. I tried to do that first because I wanted to configure it. I'll keep on working on it in the meantime and hopefully come up with a solution.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

kneifl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Well, got it done in less than 5 minutes tonight....wireless too. To think I just upgraded to a 100 gb hard drive (cost $120 on ebay new) after 40gb one crashed and brought this into a comp shop where they wanted $350 to fix it (with a 40gb and do a customized install:lol:. Instead, did it myself.

kneifl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg