Buffalo@Pittsburgh

EXTRAPOLATER

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2001
Toronto
I'm on Pittsburgh in this one, at -145, for the following reasons:
---visiting teams have won every game of this series, and I figure this trend cannot last
---Buffalo was a much better team at home than on the road this year
---Pittsburgh, while it didn't show as much this past season, has historically been deadly at home
---Jagr and Lemieux have had a few days off, in Pittsburgh, to have a meeting of minds and try to put aside any difficulties (I don't if this happened, I just figure that Mario would see it as being in his best interests; the media, and Don Cherry, have been all over this one)
---no injuries to Penguins while Sabres have a couple of minor ones
---Hasek is only human

Let me know if you think (any of) these reasons are good ones, or provide counter-arguments to save others who might think that they are.
Extrapolater

kebbyc

Forum Member
Dec 28, 2000
Canandaigua, NY 14424
The last game the visiting team lost, and it seems to me the Pens don't play as well at home, more of a show for the home crowd. The depth of Buffalo has come through in the third period and unless Pitt can get the decent lead early I feel the series is over. The injuries the Sabres have are to Mckee and Rasmussen who have both been out during the last three victories. Lindsey Ruff said he probably wouldn't put them in the lineup tonite even if they were ready, who would he take out to open up a spot? I'm going with the Sabres tonite although you have some excellent points to consider. While I'm writing this, thank you for all your input this hockey season, it has been of great help to me in handicapping hockey this year.

wannabe whale

Forum Member
Mar 3, 2000
Rochester, NY
The Sabres are one of the best road teams in the NHL. They really want to end it tonight and very well could. However, if Pitt has any balls they will be shown tonight. Very hard to find a bigger Sabres fan than myself and I recommend either a small under play or NO play on the sides.

kebbyc

Forum Member
Dec 28, 2000
Canandaigua, NY 14424
I am a hugh Sabre fan also so I admit a bias towards them. I was at game five in Buffalo and my throat still hurts from yelling so much. Down two, down one, score short handed to tie, win in overtime!!! In USA today; the Pens may open it up and really try to use their forwards . This will mean an over I think based on the hugh talent of the pens but also allowing Buffalo opportunities as they play and wait for the turnovers and opportunities . They have shown great patience and should score a couple in the third period alone. I like Buffalo but I'm big on the over 5 +120

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
Lemieux goes 2 games without getting a single shot on goal? #'s 66 and 68 will come out firing tonight. Hedberg and Hasek are both solid, I'll take the home ice and the desperate team in this one.

Pens -140

------------------
-Tex

Ice Picks

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2000
Richmond, VA
GO SAAAAAAAABRES !!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 AFTER 2 PERIODS

LETS END IT TONIGHT
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif