Buffalo vs Washington

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
WASHINGTON CAPITALS
From here and there.
Triing to fond more stats at this moment and goaly confirmation.
The Washington Capitals are beginning to finally put together some wins and make a move in the Southeast Division, winning three of last four and picking up three points on division-leading Carolina since last Tuesday. During a three-game winning streak, which ended to the Habs, the Caps had scored 13 GOALS and ALLOWED only FIVE. Last night tie against Nyisl was not a bad tie for this team.

If we keep winning three games out of every four, we'll be in good shape," goaltender Olaf Kolzig Olaf Kolzig said. "We can't be too disappointed we lost [Montreal]. We're playing a lot better. We're competing at both ends of the ice. We DIDN?T PLAY as well DEFENSIVLY [montreal], but we were tired playing three games in four nights; we're an older hockey team and they took advantage of us a little bit."

"There's been so much frustration lately," said Dahlen, "We knew we were going to work hard and keep SHOOTING the puck. We hit the basement, and no one wants to go back."

Washington has won three straight at the MCI Center and plays three of its next five at home
The goal for Washington is to continue playing strong and draw within five or six points come Friday's home-and-home opener. By the start of next week's action, Washington can find itself near the top of the division if it can sweep the Hurricanes.

The OFFENSE has been more BALANCED and DANGEROUS the last four games, producing 163 SHOTS(+/-40 per game) on goal and unearthing its grinding attack in the corners and along the boards. The Capitals have scored 16 goals in the last four games after scoring only 15 in a 1-7-1 slide. The POWER PLAY IS AGAIN AMONG THE BEST in the NHL, going 6 FOR 21 (28%) over the last four games Washington has yielded nine goals over the last four games (excluding an empty-net goal), and has negated 15 of the last 17 power plays.
The secrets of its past success: defense, FORECHECKING and SPECIAL TEAM PLAY.
Who's hot: RW Jaromir Jagr has four goals and six assists in the last five games.
Record last 5: 3-1-1.
Injuries: D Calle Johansson (shoulder), LW Steve Konowalchuk (shoulder).
Fast fact: Entering Tuesday, the Caps ranked third in the NHL with 31 shots on
Six Bruins scored against Khabibulin, who had three shutouts in his previous four games
LW Sergei Samsonov recorded a goal and three assists. "We don't have a lot of offensive-minded defensemen, but they SHOOT a lot at the goal -- shots that the forwards put in, so the defensemen get points."

BUFFALO SABRES
Who's hot: RW Miroslav Satan has two goals and two assists in the last four games.
Record last 5: 2-2-1
Fast fact: Fast fact: When they play on back-to-back days, the Sabres are 1-6 ATS in the second game. All seven of those have been road games.(they played against nyr last night) BUT Was is 1-4 ATS on zero days rest.
Slumping forward Vyacheslav Kozlov reacted to his first benching with a play-me-or-trade-me demand on Nov. 27 AND THAT?S NEVER GOOD FOR A TEAM.
Anytime you get (49) shots on goal, you'd love to get more than a couple. But again, we've got to be pretty happy with this game," C Stu Barnes said. "Everybody went from start to finish and gave a great effort."

The under is 5-0-1 in the last six meetings.
The under is 5-2 in Buff last seven overall.
When the total is at 5, Wash is 5-1
The over is 3-0 in Was last three overall.
Was is 3-1-1 ATS in their last five overall.

Last 5 games

Buffalo GF 2.8 GA 2.4
Washing GF. 4.2 GA 3.0
Shuts on goals are very high for wash at 38.4
In last 10 games buffalo away is 1-4-0
Wash at home is 4-2-0

HOME AWAY
Buffalo offense has produce only 2 goals per game when playing away,
Wash off is steady at home at 3.5 GF and their pp is very good at 25%.
Buffalo is 2-8 ATS when playing away.
Wash at home is 6-3-1 ATS

Following a win away buffalo is 0-5, following a win at home Washington is 3-1
As a dog(P-150) buffalo is 2-3 and as a favorite in the same situation wash is 1-4
Overall
LOOK FOR CONFIRMATION ON THIS BUT:
Dafoe should be in the goals tonight.
Played 21 games and GAA IS AT 2.80, vs buffalo he gave 1 goal this year and against division he has an average of 1.85.
Biron away GAA is at 2.77

Didn?t take a look at buufalo as much as I wanted but should do so later.

AT THIS MOMENT, I like Washington and the over.be back later whit confirmation.

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Not really happy about this pick.
Sorry guys.
i evan put dafoe insted of writtinf kolzig at the end of my post.
1 goal on 5 in the second
2 goals on 9 in the third
thats underachiving

Other play will come out tonight but i will have to find my mistakes on this one.
Expected Essensa but thats no excuse, second time this week i'm saying i should wait for goally confirmation.

Not happy whit myself

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
frogy,

The Wash. Post printed in their paper today that Essensa was starting, the only way to find out he who is starting is by waiting until the game starts and sometimes that is too late to place a bet. Not your fault this one. I did not see one person post Buffalo, everyone was on the Caps. Hang in there.

HORNS

Bet on MyBookie