Burning Music question..Sound Quality

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

toastonastick

Forum Member
Nov 25, 2003
Atlanta
I'm new to burning music.

I am having a problem though. When I play the music I burned on my home stereo the Bass level is way low.

Even when I turn the Sub level up on my reciever and all the way and the the gain on the back of my Sub as well.

The highs seem to be fine just lack of low response.

Anyone have any Ideas?

Thanks!

KMA

Forum Member
May 25, 2003
The CD native format is equivalent to a .wav file. For best quality, rip directly from the disc to .wav files, then burn these to the new disc.

Mp3 compression involves loss of some of the sound data. Most people cannot hear the difference if it is done properly, but some can. Settings will also have a factor. Mp3 is good for roughly 90% compression, but there are those that will push it further for saving disk space, and then you will really hear it.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

toastonastick

Forum Member
Nov 25, 2003
Atlanta
is there a P2P site that you can download wav files then?

I have high end audio equipment and the quality diffrence between the store bought CD and the one I ripped from Kazza is insane. There is no comparison.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

phin8181

Forum Member
Aug 28, 2003
Bluesland, TN
.....I use musicmatch myself and don't seem to have any trouble...also, some of the tunes you may get off of Kazaa may not be the best quality to begin with.......(although, I don't see this as the problem because you say the entire CD is low end deficient)...:cool: