Bush to acknowledge mistakes in Iraq

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
I think the important question to ask is when did he realize things were not going so good in Iraq?

I think it's pretty clear that he tried to put on a happy (lying) face until after the mid-term elections. It didn't work, but it sure looks like that was the plan.

So, right after the elections, Rummy gets fired, that Iraq study report comes out, Bush starts talking about bi-partisan ideas regarding Iraq, whereas before it was totally unilateral.

A far cry from him crowing about all this 'political capital' that he thought he had after the '04 election.

If this new, last ditch, 20,000 troop surge doesn't work, the '08 elections will make the '06 elections look like a walk in the park for the republicans.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
If this new, last ditch, 20,000 troop surge doesn't work, the '08 elections will make the '06 elections look like a walk in the park for the republicans.

you mean we may elect a centrist ?

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
I doubt it, no matter which party wins the presidency.

Guiliani may fall into that category of 'centrist', but none of the rest of the frontrunners do.

Tell this to New Yorkers. This is another guy who's ass got saved from 9/11. Fire, police etc all hated him. Amazing how a guy with one day will once again fool a nation. Whore mizer to. I think old Georgies was around 80 percent back then. 80 percent of gullible people who were afraid to leave their houses so they bought anything said to them. "The people who are responsible for this will hear from us all" Where the heck is Bin Laden?

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Tell this to New Yorkers. This is another guy who's ass got saved from 9/11. Fire, police etc all hated him. Amazing how a guy with one day will once again fool a nation. Whore mizer to. I think old Georgies was around 80 percent back then. 80 percent of gullible people who were afraid to leave their houses so they bought anything said to them. "The people who are responsible for this will hear from us all" Where the heck is Bin Laden?

Sponge,

Calling him a centrist is not automatically an endorsement, it's just what he could/would be considered compared to McCain, Romney, Hillary, Obama, etc...

He would have a very hard time getting nominated by his party because of pro-choice, gun control etc.. issues. Let alone the baggage with his cheating and also questions about his health.

Also, I have always been fascinated with how almost unaminously, people fawn over how 'great' he performed on 9/11. I mean, I realize there is not really any other event like that, that we can compare reactions, but i've tried to figure out what he did that any other mayor in America wouldn't have done. I've asked many different people that question who rave over his 'performance' on and after 9/11, but the next cogent answer will be the first.

So all I really said in my previous post was that he can be considered a 'centrist.' I don't don't think this needs to 'be told' to New Yorkers.

:mfpost

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
then you might have to call Hillary a centrist. Her husband lean right a few times. On another note im sure Weasal and Dog will bring up that sap in New Orleans and compare that tragedy to 9-11. A complete waste of a city compared to a few buildings. Me i just don't like the guy he is very sneaky. Yes he has a few middle views but i wouldn't trust him a second. Id rather back McCain even tho i think he is losing his mind a little. Hopefully if Mccain wins he was just playing politics and will return to being the man he use to be. I think id take Arnold over all of them. At least he tries to get some ideas out there. To bad he is a foreigner

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
then you might have to call Hillary a centrist. Her husband lean right a few times. On another note im sure Weasal and Dog will bring up that sap in New Orleans and compare that tragedy to 9-11. A complete waste of a city compared to a few buildings. Me i just don't like the guy he is very sneaky. Yes he has a few middle views but i wouldn't trust him a second. Id rather back McCain even tho i think he is losing his mind a little. Hopefully if Mccain wins he was just playing politics and will return to being the man he use to be. I think id take Arnold over all of them. At least he tries to get some ideas out there. To bad he is a foreigner

Bill could generally called a centrist. Hillary is no such thing. She needs to keep on 'supporting' this war because she voted to authorize force there. She saw what happened to Kerry and his famous flipflop quote.

Edwards is taking a different approach by saying he made a mistake. I don't think that's such a bad strategy and is much different than Kerry. In fact, it's better than Hillary trying to convince everybody that she still actually thinks this thing is winnable. I'm not saying I like or favor him best, just that that is probably the best way to disarm the 'flip-flop' detectives.

Yeah, I forgot about that idiot Ray Nagin in New Orleans. I don't think you're gonna get too far in trying to say Katrina was a more overwhelming crisis management event than 9/11. There was total failure from the bottom to the top, but there was warning and time to act and every death was preventable.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
We have to be sure not to elect ANYONE of ANY party that supports the Occupation of Iraqis war. The Neocons must be defeated at every post. Hillary is a very possible Neocon, supports occupation, takes money from Murdoch, her husband hangs out with Bush's father. Nothing is worth getting another Neocon in the White House.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Hillary opens mouth and said. I can not support any escalation. That is her first turn to left in a while.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i thought the left wanted bush to acknowledge that mistakes were made?.....

with all that was said in the speech,cnn`s headline:"Bush Says He Takes Responsibility for Mistakes Made in Iraq War"...

lol

and i see that matthews and olbermann are doing analysis for msnbc..

well, at least they have some balance...

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
and btw...yes,the dems now have control of congress....

but a mandate?.....hardly....remember that 27 out of 435 seats changed hands...and in the house,6 out of 33 changed hands....

lets try and keep some perspective...

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
i thought the left wanted bush to acknowledge that mistakes were made?.....

with all that was said in the speech,cnn`s headline:"Bush Says He Takes Responsibility for Mistakes Made in Iraq War"...

lol

and i see that matthews and olbermann are doing analysis for msnbc..

well, at least they have some balance...

Still blaming the press for Bush's War. Amazing!

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
Sponge,

Calling him a centrist is not automatically an endorsement, it's just what he could/would be considered compared to McCain, Romney, Hillary, Obama, etc...

He would have a very hard time getting nominated by his party because of pro-choice, gun control etc.. issues. Let alone the baggage with his cheating and also questions about his health.

Also, I have always been fascinated with how almost unaminously, people fawn over how 'great' he performed on 9/11. I mean, I realize there is not really any other event like that, that we can compare reactions, but i've tried to figure out what he did that any other mayor in America wouldn't have done. I've asked many different people that question who rave over his 'performance' on and after 9/11, but the next cogent answer will be the first.

So all I really said in my previous post was that he can be considered a 'centrist.' I don't don't think this needs to 'be told' to New Yorkers.

:mfpost

you judge a leader by the way he/she acts during a crisises.....and rudy did very well during 9/11....that's not to say that other peole in charge wouldn't have acted the same...but we don't know until that leader is put in that type circumstance (hopefully nothing like 9/11 won't happen again)...but we do know how rudy will act during a major catastrophy....& people should definitely take that into account.

prior to rudy becoming mayor ny had a very high crime rate, the streets were very dirty, & people were afraid to walk in certain parts of nyc....particularly the times square area...rudy dramatically lowered the crime rate, he cleaned up times square so much so that it has become a major tourist attraction again...although nyc is still relatively dirty, it's a lot better than it was pre-rudy.

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Listening to the Reb's eat the Rice lady a live at Senate hearing today was refreshing and really something new. And 8 Reb governors say plan no go with more N G troops that are about shot. And down to old equipment. So when you Reb say it's all Dem's fault. Your missing your own kind eating them self a live. And al turning on your man.

Bet on MyBookie