BYU coach

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Macgruder23

Forum Member
Mar 28, 2008
buffalo ny
Wtf was that 3rd and 2 and Hawaii has no timeouts and he throws it with 2 min to go . If I?m an AD I fire a guy who can?t manage clock at end of game . Had no business even sniffing that game under but it really could of cashed with 1st down .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centurion Sprts

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 27, 2013
Complete Moran!
First down there game is over
Not only do you throw it but you stop the clock
Doesn?t make any sense.

Hawaii couldn?t stop the run to the outside all night.

T

Casa Bonita Cliff Diver
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
BYU coach is from Hawaii and so is all of his family. That was a gift to the islands.:toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
I had BYU -3 and I almost bought 1/2 point but it was way too expensive. I ended up recording the game and watching it the next day.

Really tough loss for so many reasons. How did they not have a goal line camera? I hate replay but since its there...I thought the QB got in earlier in the game when he fumbled but there was no conclusive replay to overturn it. On that note, and one of several reasons I hate replay...who says the ref's didn't let the play go so there could be a recovery, thinking that replay could cover their mistake??

I also wonder if the BYU kicker made that last field goal. He thought he made it. The guy had been struggling all year and had a great game and that last kick would have put them up by 6. He curved in but it was too high to be reviewed and from our angle, couldn't tell if it curved back after it crossed the post. Damn sidewinders. That's what my dad would say lol...he was a straight-on kicker back in the day!

Now on to 4th and 2. Yes....W...T....F...??? They were about to try some weird formation where the guy in motion goes under center. Then called timeout. I figured that was just to show Hawaii a look. They were in shotgun all day...the entire day. Then they go under center and try some pick pass where the WR is like 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

I was hoping for either the "option" where it was really just more of a quick pitch. Like you say, they were running well outside. If nothing else, the clock would run. But what I really expected was a normal pass play...if a guy is open, throw it. If it breaks down at all, QB run. Its so difficult to stop a play like that when the QB is a threat to run. I'm pretty sure that's how they got the previous 1st Down.

Just completely overthought it. Got way too cute. 2 yards and you win the game (I'd have pushed). You could call just about any normal play and hell, a designed QB draw might have worked but esp if its a pass called and the QB knows he only needs 2 yards and has both options.

The entire first half I kept saying....man, BYU can't stop them at all. They're gonna have to make one hell of an adjustment at halftime. And I'll be damned....the defense gives up ZERO points the entire HALF...but you run that shit on 3rd and 2 and give Hawaii one more chance. With the whole "Bush Push legal" rule, you could almost run a QB Sneak and push him....if you come up a yard short, do it again. A little risky but at least you keep the clock running after 3rd down and who knows, you might get it. I hate that rule too. All this crap (targeting/defenseless too) has turned me into an ornery old man lol