CAA plays

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
Columbia +13 at Hofstra $150-136.36

Columbia returns four starters from the 10-17, 6-8 Ivy 2003-04 squad, including its top five scorers and rebounders. Hofstra has lost it's best player (asked to leave school/violation of school rules) and doesn't have their best inside player in Wendell Gibson. Hofstra guards are good. Led by Stokes, Rivera and first year player Agudio. Agudio is leading the team in scoring and Kieza leads the team in rebounding with only 6/game. Joe Jones will have his team ready to play his former colleague when they were both assistants at Hofstra. Also, last year Columbia lost on a buzzer beater to a much bigger Hofstra team. Hofstra's home court is not too much of an advantage. It used to be in the days of Speedy and Norman Richardson, but not anymore.

George Mason -17.5 vs. Towson $100-90.91

Towson Sucks!!! George Mason is a good. It is also the toughest place in the CAA to play at. I think Larranaga takes the officials for dinner and drinks after the game...More of a play against Towson than for George Mason.

As a side game...also played Niagara -7.5 100-90.91

good luck tonight, coolgi

Clem D

Mad Pisser
Forum Member
May 26, 2004
Long Branch NJ
Coolgi I was reading your post the same time you were replying too mine. too funny

I agree on all the reasons for your colombia play. Just can't pull the trigger. Mason I feel is laying too much for the game, Towson has improved. Like Niagara

Good luck too you

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
Clem,

Yeah..it was pretty funny. I wrote my post then read yours...felt good to be on the same side. Hopefully we laugh all the way to the bank. It is a lot of wood...like I said...I wanted to play the 1st half but my book sucks...can I ask what book you use?

I think I have a decent feel on Hofstra. Think Columbia keeps it close all game. Don't see it in double digits.

Have a great night Clem..good luck.

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
hofstra columbia postponed. supposedly columbia just did not show. Hofstra was on the court going through full warm-ups and columbia never showed. I talked to a buddy of mine that works at hofstra and they said that Columbia had traffic problems. F'IN TRAFFIC PROBLEMS!!! For those of you not familiar with NY, Columbia is a 45 minute drive from Hofstra. Game at 7pm, they probably left at 4 or so. With rush hour and terrible weather they never showed at the arena....never even showed. It is going down as postponed but in my opinion it should be a forfeit. Rediculous...fans in the stands and everything. Pecora is a good guy and he loves Joe Jones so I don't think he'll push for the forfeit.

Well...at least I didn't lose.

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
coolgi424 said:
hofstra columbia postponed. supposedly columbia just did not show. Hofstra was on the court going through full warm-ups and columbia never showed. I talked to a buddy of mine that works at hofstra and they said that Columbia had traffic problems. F'IN TRAFFIC PROBLEMS!!! For those of you not familiar with NY, Columbia is a 45 minute drive from Hofstra. Game at 7pm, they probably left at 4 or so. With rush hour and terrible weather they never showed at the arena....never even showed. It is going down as postponed but in my opinion it should be a forfeit. Rediculous...fans in the stands and everything. Pecora is a good guy and he loves Joe Jones so I don't think he'll push for the forfeit.

Well...at least I didn't lose.

Christ, Ive never heard of that, I live 10 mins from hofstra here on long island, nice to see a guy like you from NY city area post, there arent enough :clap: too many from midwest, west coast, nice writeups though buddy and good luck, I took columbia before reading your post too, didnt know why it was ppd, strange stuff, good luck man

Mike

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
Thanks Mike...used to live in Westbury and grew up out east.

The game was rescheduled for Feb. 14. Sure the coaches wives love that...

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
George Mason wins by 18..winner winner chicken dinner.

Hofstra cancelled/postponed.

Niagara wins by 5...loser.

lost like $9...too bad columbia couldn't find the gym...I loved that play.

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
OK...1-1 so far on all my CAA plays. I had taken Hofstra first game of the season and lost by a point.

Has anyone seen a line for the Delaware/St. Mary's game? This could be a big St. Mary's play depending on the line. I don't see Delaware staying within 10-14pts and since Delaware has blown out some teams hopefully the line will be in the high single digits....wishful thinking though. More likely around 15. St. Mary's is just too talented for the Blue Hens. Delaware guards will turn the ball over too often to keep it close. Just my opinion...haven't played it yet. Would like to see the line first

Thanks!

Coolgi

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
Absolutely, Casey!!! I went to Hofstra so I know the Northern Schools a little better than the southern ones. I used to be big into the CAA a couple of years ago and feel that I'm starting to get it back a little. I've been to every arena in the league at least twice. I feel I have a good understanding of the home and away advantage with the ref situations and fans.

How is VCU this year? In the past they've been crazy athletic....still the case?

Look forward to the dialogue.

Coolgi

Casey

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Dallas, Tx
That is great cause I'm alot more familiar with the Southern schools. Follow GM, UNCW, ODU, W&M and Richmond before they went to Atlantic 10 pretty closely. I believe ODU is going to be the team to beat this year. VCU should be good again this year, but they have absolutely NO HEIGHT. Look forward to sharing info during the season and hopefully putting some jingle in the pocket

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
OK...Delaware in my book is at +12.5...I hit it with a medium play on St. Mary's buying the hook to make it -12 (just had a gut feeling). I truly feel that this game will not be close, but the possiblity of the back door cover is definitely there. Hopefully the line will move in the other direction (although I can't see why) and I'll pound it later if it gets to 10, 10.5, or 11. Don't see it moving that way though.

Fellas, especially Casey, I don't want this to just be me posting my plays. I want it to be more of a discussion so we can help eachother out. Please post your own plays and leans on here. It will only help to talk about it.

Good luck,

Coolgi

Bill

Forum Member
Oct 5, 2002
Dallas
Hope you get will list your favorite doge that you think will win outright in the Saturday Dogs That Bark thread contest for Saturday's games.

GL
Bill

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
St. Mary's up by 20 scores 2 pts in the last 9 minutes of the game to win by 9....what the hell is that?!? I've been backdoored in hoops before but that is a little rediculous. Wish I would have seen it...can anyone shed some light?

Bet on MyBookie