Cable TV VS. Satellite TV

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Mickstr68

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2000
Deltona, Florida, USA
I currently have Time Warner Cable TV and there are a few things that I'm not liking about cable. I have never had a satellite dish and was wondering if anyone can give be their opinions on the two.

- Which they like better.
- Cost. Are they pretty much the same monthly or is there a difference. I have every channel that TW offers except PPV.
- Is one more of a pain in the butt than the other.

All opinions are appreciated.

D

double down

go to dssunderground and learn to emulate...trustme..you will never bitch about tv again.....wanna watch a game...you can bet your ass..it is on tv
smile.gif

D

double down

sorry for the excited post..i am talking about hacking DTV...
smile.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Cartman88

Forum Member
Feb 3, 2001
Gold Coast Australia
Mickstr68,

I work for a Pay TV company in Australia and we offer both Cable TV & Satellite TV. The technology is very similar to what you have the US.

There is really not that much difference between them IMO. I would say Cable TV is slightly more reliable but Satellite TV offers a slightly better picture quality.

I would also be interested to hear any views from those in the US or UK about what they prefer or what they consider better value for money.

A

azbob

This month's consumer report has a breakdown of the pros and cons for each.

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
If you have digital cable it is at least closer to DirecTV. Problem with DirecTV is that WWF PPVs will no longer be shown starting next month. Nice thing about DirecTV is NFL Sunday Ticket. I believe digital cable will have Sunday ticket starting next year, though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg