Call me crazy, but...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
I am thinking about betting USA -9? vs Greece (noon EDT Tuesday) in Olympic hoops. Stop laughing!!! I know everyone is very down on this team (with good reason)... but would this not be the perfect time to take the USA? Who does Greece have?? Well, here's who they have....

Starters: Fotsis, Chatzivrettas, Diamantidis, Papadopoulos & Kakiouzis. Papa..etc..los led the team with 21 pts against Australia last game (a 22-point victory over Australia).

Beating AUS by that much is kind of a surprise to me...I thought AUS usually put out half decent teams.

Anyways - I'm thinking this is about as contrarian as it gets. Nobody will be wanting to put money on the Americans at this point. But if there was ever a game they were probably going to win big, I'd think this would be it. Big, big, bounceback situation.

Input anyone?

Anyone from Australia here who knows something about the quality of the Aussie team / saw the game??

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth
This is most certainly NOT contrarian. Line jumped from opener at 9 to 10.5 quickly. Public cash will always be on Americans especially at this low line. Place will be a madhouse and Greece always has a good hoops squad.