Can someone please explain, why is the atl/chi total line so high

ryno

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2000
Monterrey, Mexico
I just check the # for both pitchers, seems to me that that line is a little bit high.

Most be the wind?

Can some one share some info regarding the weather.

Bandit HVG

Forum Member
Sep 1, 2001
Tucson Az.
please do not post links to a site that sells picks....

will add site to the resource page.

ryno....wind forecasted to be blowing out to left...gusty....but wind reports have wreaked havoc w/ handicappers in wrigley in the past, so caution is advised in heeding reports.

[This message has been edited by Investment Executive (edited 09-07-2001).]

Randercity

Wait til HT
Forum Member
CUBS have gone OVER six straight games, the last six meetings between these two have gone OVER, OVER is 4-1 in WOOD's last five starts vs ATL, and yes, that INFAMOUS wind!

9.5 is probably about right... WOOD and MADDUX both seem to get a lot of support, even though BOTH offenses haven't been as good as expected. With them both having an off day to rest up, I may look to go OVER, BUT wait on the HP UMP. He'll be crucial to the TOTAL play.

ryno

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2000
Monterrey, Mexico
I just did it Atl Under 9.5.
why:
1.- Wood 11 games at home, just one went over 9 runs.

2. Maddux 8 games on road just two went over 9 runs.

3.- Both pitchers very consistent, plus lots of strikeouts between them, and lots of groundballs. (wind wont be much a factor if they keep the ball down)

4.- fewest bases on balls (among the league) between this pitchers will help the cause.

Only worry is the pitch count on Wood.

If it was not because the wind, said a neutral wind, what do you think the total line would be. I was thinking 8 -130 perhaps up to 7.5.

gsp

Forum Member
May 26, 2000
Just worked on this yesterday. Under 10 at Wrigley this year is 9-3. In the past, 10 meant the wind was blowing out and the over was the bet. Not so this year. Check the wind yourself, don't just accept the line.

Never Caught Up

Forum Member
Apr 17, 2001
I'm probably wrong, but if under is the play only a handful of stores are at 10ov -115.

Yes, it could come 10, but only on one of these scores (10-0, 9-1, 8-2, 7-3 or 6-4). That doesn't seem as likely as 9 or 11 or some other total.

It seems to me the best bet would be at Olympic (MJ Sposor) at under 9.5 +120. That is the best odds I currently see on a line of 9.5.

PLAYER

Forum Member
Aug 14, 2001
"The answer my friend is blown in the wind, the answer is blown in the wind." -B. Dylan

Never Caught Up

Forum Member
Apr 17, 2001
Interesting streak info on total. It appears the overs and unders are streaking and the under streak has just begun for both teams.

ATL Last Ten Away UUOOUUUOOU
CHC Last Ten Home OUUUOO OOU

I'm in on the under. I don't think the wind will be nearly that significant today with these two pitchers. Also played CHC.

Good luck everyone.

[This message has been edited by Never Caught Up (edited 09-07-2001).]

Bet on MyBookie