Canaries

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
I agree, I looked at Bet365 1st and thought they had the 2 priced sinfully short. 6/1 is low enough.

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
I remember a chap in the Racing Post once writing that he would rather drink a cup of raw sewage than take 4/1 or less in a European Tour event.... it was 4/1 Nick Price in a noddy South African event (and he won it). This was obviously well before Tiger....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
I also remember having Goosen and Garica at the Trophee Lancome last yr in a similair strength field. I'm sure then they were 9 and 10/1 respectively and blew the field away.

Last edited:

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
Wasn't gonna bother playing but a little 100/1 about Sandelin at Hills will keep me entertained - well for 36 holes at least :) - good record in Spanish events and won in the Canaries for his first ever tour win - hardly reliable but has the talent to win

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
I have now been drawn in and have had to add Romero 50/1 Centrebet - ridiculous price for someone with his record in Spanish events and outsider Remesy - 150/1 at the same book - 2nd in Qatar this year and a good wind player
Forgot to mention Muntz as well - 100/1 Centrebet - in very good form and should like the course
No interest = 4 bets - must be bored!

Last edited:

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Think the Tote's odds compiler must read this forum..... Clive's message about Goosen has obviously brought about a bowel movement..... 7/4 Garcia...
I saw an x-files the other night where Doggett wasn't sure if he was awake or dreaming... it is Tuesday isn't it...??? or am I still asleep and Garcia has already had a good round or two.....

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
Can anyone confirm if Goosen is playing this week? The entry list on eurotour.com doesn't have him down but in their preview they say he will be playing. :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Tipped 2 shockers here last week and can't even get the event name right this week... Spanish Open? thought it was the Canary Islands open... expected an Ian type bollocking...

Miguel Angel Martin 40/1 Victor Chandler.

Difficult to look past Garcia & Goosen in a poor European field but the 6/1 available for both on Monday was never bettered and is now just a distant memory....

Will try poor Miguel.. who was robbed of a winning chance in Portugal when one shot off the lead and the event was
abandoned after 2 rounds. My win only 66/1 still hurts but a win here would exorcise the ghosts (well perhaps... ) Recent form figures include that 3rd plus a 12th in Qatar and 4th in Malaysia.
He can also offer 5 top 25's in the last 6 Spanish Opens.

Hope the weather holds...

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
At least we get a few quality players this week, but little to enthuse over. The best part of the week will no doubt be having my Romero bet refunded....so at leat I've been to the payout counter once.

A couple of outsiders to amuse over the weekend.

Rolf Muntz - I've watched this guy quite carefully at a couple of events and on the range...to my untrained eye he hits the ball as sweetly as anybody, yet he has been so inconsistent in the past. This season though he has improved and perhaps his next win is not far away. Anyway, took the 100/1 with Centrebet yesterday, Stan James go 80, and Hills are running scared, trimming from 80 to 40.

Bradley Dredge - Some good results from him so far and he looks a winner in waiting, a couple of top tens already - 100/1 Bet 365

Not exactly naps!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

milpalm

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2002
Lillestrom, Norway
I have backed Muntz at 100/1, Davis at 40/1 and Owen at 50/1. Muntz has played well recently and is a good wind player. With no course form to go on I have gone for some in-form players. Owen has two top 10s this year and Davis was 4th in Qatar.

boris

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2000
Aussie abroad
Couple of real bolters from me..... Brier 125/1 and Suneson 150/1. Both have handy local form, but little else.

Is Richard S Johnson going to line up?

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
Both tournaments this week look pretty unappealing. Am just going to play a unit ew on Fowler 80/1 @ Sports.com.

Snap-hooker

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2002
Goosen windplayer?

Goosen windplayer?

Hi, I'm new on this forum but it seems that some guys have quite interesting info so I'll try to check you out.

I wonder if someone has some stats of Goosen in windy tournaments. I think that 9/4 on Pettersson in the 2nd round threesome could be worth a bet. I'm presuming Sandelin had his fun in the 1st round. (I saw that someone bet him at 100/1, not bad for the moment).

Pettersson doesn't mind the wind I guess since he won in Algarve. (Is Gilford a good windplayer as well?) and he has shown a lot of confidence this year.

Hope to get to know you :)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg