Capping theory for discussion

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Hey guys I would like to get your input on this. May sound like a stupid theory to some of you and may not sound like a stupid theory but anxious to see what some people think.

This year I have chitty comcast digital cable and right now at about 57% for the season. Last year I had Direct TV and went about 61 or 62% for the season. The year before that I had chitty comcast and went about 50% for the season and the year before that I had direct TV and went close to 60% for the season. Always seem to be switching back and forth because they are always running specials to beat the other. I like the basic programming and cable channels on Comcast, but for sports it's no contest Direct TV.

When I have had direct TV in the past I can switch switch the channels and watch any game I want to. With comcast, only 3 or so games or so are on during the day. Also, sometimes I go to the sports bar but that doesn't count because of distractions, friends, etc. So, I guess my question is do you think with a whole seasons worth of games by watching the teams and so you would be a "better" capper with the Direct TV package? I have noticed I think I am a little bit (with the Direct TV pkg), but it may just be luck. I think it's because you can see how each team plays week to week and matches up.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

However, I may just be nuts:confused: :com:

kneifl

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
from the stand point of viewing the games in the their most critical points the HI-DEF SUPERFAN PACKAGE w/ RED ZONE CHANNELL
simply can't be beat..all 1 and 4 pm games right there to disect.

Hasn't helped me worth a damn but I stink with or without the best of help.

11 years w/DIRECTV...

fellas no other way to spend Sunday

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
My ability to make and win 2h plays improved with Direct TV, which is logical since I'm watching the games and have a true sense of the flow of the game that pure stats could not give me.

Depends on the type of capper you are I guess. I'm not heavy into the trends/stats, but like to have a feel for teams, and the more I see them, the better feel I have. Makes sense that the more NFL you watch the better you will be able to forecast it.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
My ability to make and win 2h plays improved with Direct TV, which is logical since I'm watching the games and have a true sense of the flow of the game that pure stats could not give me.

Depends on the type of capper you are I guess. I'm not heavy into the trends/stats, but like to have a feel for teams, and the more I see them, the better feel I have. Makes sense that the more NFL you watch the better you will be able to forecast it.

the best capper in football & baskets that i have ever known never watched the games...he was always working...but i do agree with you blackman, it's the type of capper that you are...

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
the best capper in football & baskets that i have ever known never watched the games...he was always working...but i do agree with you blackman, it's the type of capper that you are...

I think that's the trick of it all, being able to know your strengths and play to them.

Like you I know a guy that crunches tons of numbers in baseball, rarely ever watches the actual games, and always seems to turn a handsome profit. Not my style but I respect anything that wins.

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
Sometimes, when my radio is on AM I win, and sometimes, when the wind blows, I lose....but other times, when it's an even numbered day, I break even...which is REALLY weird.

Anybody else feel the same way?

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com

Very much agree. I feel the same way. Also feel if you concentrate on watching a few select teams week to week you can get a real "grip" on them sometimes.

kneifl

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
I watch less college football than I would like. This is mainly because I spend 7 saturdays per season in Baton Rouge tailgating. Even though there is a game on, I do not pay much attention based on the party atmosphere. The remaining 7 weeks, I usually have the early SEC game on at home while doing other things, and later in the day meet with friends at sports bar for the LSU game. This season, due to the new baby, I have watched less college football than ever. Oddly, my win % increased from 56% LY to 59%.

Of course, I mainly cap based on situational and other factors which I prefer not to mention on a public forum, so it probably makes sense that there is no correlation between the amount of football I watch and my win %.

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
Kneifl,
I lose equally as well with Direct tv as I do with dish network or comcast. Course...............if'n I had me a pair of blue sneakers I wouldn't lose another game.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
What the hell do you know...instead of watching football live you are watching reruns of man vs wild :mj07:
:mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

My best year betting was when I had NO TV at all.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Last year I had Direct TV and went about 61 or 62% for the season.

:142smilie :142smilie :142smilie

You went "about" 61-62% ??? You remind us every fricking post that you went EXACTLY 62.3%! ...But even though that number stares us all in the face every thread, the best you can recall suddenly is a ballpark guess.:shrug:

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
You went "about" 61-62% ??? You remind us every fricking post that you went EXACTLY 62.3%! ...But even though that number stares us all in the face every thread, the best you can recall suddenly is a ballpark guess.:shrug:

:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
:142smilie :142smilie :142smilie

62.3% is a strong number. Congrats....

Bet on MyBookie