and Taichi Teshima 28/1 recent form :
2-2-9-mc-1

look big on home soil when a player like Mcginley is as short as 7/1

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
Bettingmad - agreed on Teshima and doubt if anyone else prices up he will be any bigger as he was 2nd in 99 and 10th last year
The other player I like the look of is Keng Chi Lin - no great shakes on this course in the past but he is a vastly improved player this year and out of 27 starts he can boast 2 wins, 2 2nds and 2 3rds at 66/1 he could represent a bit of value

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Ian,
Keng-Chi Lin could definitely win. Looking at his form he is one of those players who can suddenly win even if his recent form is not especially good (mc before Aiful & mc/19 before ANA). Allenby in the US is another example.
I will give you a chance of a big winner this week.... and not jinx him with my cash.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
A 'ringer' has appeared:
Toshimitsu Izawa ( a 4 time winner in Japan this year and well ahead in their money list) is still not in the betting with Coral Eurobet.... but he appears in the betting for William Hill & Stan James.

Very annoying - considering I backed in the Phoenix & WGC and have now done 2 against him (Teshima & Katayama).
Anyone seen better than 14/1 Stan James?

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
I am not that sure that Izawa is playing. On the part of the Japan Tour site that is in English he is listed has having 'booked' his place in this week's tournament. The difference is that players have to register when they arrive in town to secure a place on the tee-time list. While other players have 'registered' entered for this tournament, Izawa does not. Of course, the full field listing is available in Japanese only and that language is not quite my forte
wink.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
Coral's 28 Teshima is too big....let's hope Izawa isn't playing.
Live outsider Katsunori Kuwabora 50/1 Coral.
Was hopeful to get a decent price about Naomichi 'Joe' Ozaki....but Stan James assure me that Jumbo Ozaki is the player they list and that not other Ozaki is playing, which is hard to believe.
We need a translator in here!!

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Short of time for this event, so just the outright plays:

With the two headline Europeans being ruled out of consideration - Garcia is just too short at 5/2 and McGinley has no recent record of playing in Japan apart from last week, let alone on this course - the three selections are home players. In the absence of Toshimitsu Izawa and Dean Wilson, it is those ranked #3 and #4 on the Japan Tour Money List who are the main selections: Shingo Katayama and Taichi Teshima. Katayama has already won three times on Tour this season and finished in the top-5 in five of his last nine starts, including the US PGA Championship. He looks the best-placed to fill the void left by Izawa's non-attendance this week.

Teshima has only won once this season, but that was only a month ago and he has since produced form that has eclipsed his excellent start to the season. While he missed the cut the week after his win, he has then finished 9th, 2nd and 2nd, the last of which was only via a playoff loss to David Duval in the Dunlop Phoenix Tournament. With two top-10s in the last two years at Ibuzuki, including a runners-up spot in 1999, he looks considerably over-priced at 28/1.

The final selection is Nobuhito Sato who has had a disappointing season, but had a stellar season last year, winning four times and finished 3rd on the Money List. He has displayed a return to form in the past couple of months with top-5 finishes in three of his last seven starts, easily his highest finishes of the year, and with BetSmart offering 5 places and at 1/4 odds, he could be the player to take advantage and sneak another top-5 spot.

Outright plays:

Shingo Katayama to win 14/1 e.w. @ Eurobet [5 places]
Taichi Teshima to win 28/1 e.w. @ Eurobet [5 places]
Nobuhito Sato to win 66/1 e.w. @ BetSmart [5 places]

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
The 14/1 Izawa with Stan James has all gone (before I placed my saver.. can't not back him under the circumstances)... so someone somewhere thinks he is playing. He is now 12/1.
I will gladly take the saver back as void as long as it's Teshima lst & Katayama placed.
wink.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Mid-point update:

Decent position after 36 holes. Katayama shot the low round of the day to jump to 2nd, just one shot behind Kiyoshi Murota whose last victory was nine years ago. Sato is in 9th position, four shots back, while Teshima looks to be the only one out of contention in 39th place.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Final update: 1-2 and -1.10 units

Katayama finished a distant 11 shots behind the winner Murota, but his 4th place finish was enough for a place win. Frustratingly not so for 66/1 Sato who bogeyed the 16th and failed the birdie the easy par-5 last hole - he finished 6th, one shot out of a very profitable place win. The final selection, Teshima, finished 14th.

Japan Tour ytd
Outright plays: 1-5; -4.10 units