Cataracs--anybody know anything about

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Chain Saw

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2003
them. Going to eye doc tomorrow. Having grey like clouds in my left eye. Blurs my vision. Having trouble driving.

Is the surgery to repair tough?

Hamster

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Sacramento, CA
Cataract surgery is usually done in an outpatient setting. Surgery commonly takes 20 minutes or less using conscious sedation methods. You will be able to hear and see flashes of light during the operation, but you will be relaxed enough. Common sedation medications used are Propofol and/or Versed. These have very quick onset of effect and a short half-life. Recovery time in the surgery center is less than one hour. Your eye maybe coverd with a patch for one day and dark sunglasses are recommended. Post operative eye drops may include an antibiotic and Pre-Forte(steriod) to help decrease inflammation. Analgesics requirements are minimal......Tylenol, Motrin, Aleve...etc will be sufficient to alleviate any minor discomforts.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
it`s the car of choice for upper class african americans and some caucasians of discerning taste and breeding....... :yup :SIB....

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
just kidding,chain......i`m noticing the same thing...actually had some trouble with the same thing...took my license renewal recently and one eye wasn`t working the way it should have.....

the sight in one eye seems to be in gradual decline...i`m getting it checked in the near future myself.....

g.l.

Chain Saw

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2003
Thanks everybody. The info helps alot. Don't feel as nervous about it as before.

So its outpatient, local anathestic(sp) about a couple hours of inconvience.

Will I be able to drive from the o/p clinic or should I have my wife with me? Guess the doc will be able to answer that one. It just came to mind.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg