CBO Says Obamacare Will Cost Less Than Expected

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Skulnik

Truth Teller
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2007
Jefferson City, Missouri
Maybe it's because everyone signed up for Medicaid.

FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:0corn

Tina Yothers

Actress
Forum Member
Sep 22, 2008
A House
Maybe it's because everyone signed up for Medicaid.

FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:0corn

Good news isn't it?

If you read the article, it tells you why it will cost so much less.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Rock the Casbah

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 14, 2013

:0002

You are a Complete Fool if you believe this.
Time will prove this is an absolute fiscal disaster when the actual cost comes due from the black hole of subsidizing the Dead Weight, Illegals and Pre-Existing Cond just to mention a few that will never pay a nickel.
104 billion less out of the over 1TRILLION they added to the budget!!
That's Brilliant! Fkn Buffoons!!

Skulnik

Truth Teller
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2007
Jefferson City, Missouri

Time will prove this is an absolute fiscal disaster when the actual cost comes due from the black hole of subsidizing the Dead Weight, Illegals and Pre-Existing Cond just to mention a few that will never pay a nickel.

:0074

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX

:0008

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Duff Miver

Forum Member
Jul 29, 2009
Right behind you
...but the admin spent the additional $104 Billion to advertise and promote Obamacare.

Really? That's a lot of advertising.

Of course you have some factual information to prove what you claim...or.....you're simply an asshole.

Which is it?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ChrryBlstr

Forum Member
Feb 11, 2002
Hoosier country
Perhaps he's merely overstating things....BUT....count one thankful individual....

Karl Frisch ‏@KarlFrisch 59m

If it wasn't for #Obamacare I'd be dead or broke thanks to my emergency appendectomy. Thank you @BarackObama, @NancyPelosi, and @HarryReid.
from Oakton, VA

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
Wow - couple more trillion in debt so the one guy could get an appendectomy.

AWESOME ROI!

Skulnik

Truth Teller
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2007
Jefferson City, Missouri
Perhaps he's merely overstating things....BUT....count one thankful individual....

Karl Frisch ‏@KarlFrisch 59m

If it wasn't for #Obamacare I'd be dead or broke thanks to my emergency appendectomy. Thank you @BarackObama, @NancyPelosi, and @HarryReid.
from Oakton, VA

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Conservatives were sure at every turn that Obamacare would fail, but as the numbers roll in, those convictions are looking increasingly ideological.:142smilie

First they said nobody would enroll. Then they said first-year premiums would be through the roof. And later, they warned of a "death spiral," wherein premiums would go up uncontrollably. My colleague Sam Baker has written an excellent analysis of the situation, the upshot of which is that Obamacare is on a winning streak.

The next great frontier of conservative hyperbole concerns premiums for 2015, with critics warning that costs will double or even triple next year.

As of this week, we have good evidence to the contrary. Health insurance premium rates are expected go up just 7 percent?a rate of increase much lower than what critics were predicting. And the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office is predicting that premium hikes will be relatively modest.

"The double-rate increases we've been hearing are probably exaggerated," Dave Axene, a fellow with the Society of Actuaries, told USA Today. "That's not what we're seeing from the actuarial organizations?I guess we're being a little bit more optimistic."

"A little bit more optimistic" is something of an understatement. For weeks, pundits have been spouting apocalyptic notions about the costs of insurance premiums, warning Americans that "the worst is yet to come."

Writing in The Washington Post last month, Michael Gerson speculated that premium increases could hit triple digits. "Over the past several years, increases in insurance premiums have averaged nearly 6 percent," he wrote. "Because of the rocky launch, age distribution, and delayed provisions of Obamacare exchanges, insurance company officials expect far larger premium increases this spring?in the double digits, if not the triple digits, in many places."

The origin of these critics' argument can be traced to a thinly sourced article in The Hill, which quoted a former Cigna executive saying things like, "My gut tells me that, for some people, these increases will be significant." The reports about insurance rates possibly tripling, which were widely repeated, appear to come from a single anonymous insurance executive.:SIB

The irony is that, had conservatives been a little less quick to trumpet every nugget of potentially bad news, the administration would be riding a little less high right now?and their own predictions would look a little less silly.:142smilie

..........................................................................................

its all they have to bitch about and think this will get them the Senate

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
28 percent of those signing up are young people ...:0074

these are the ones that never paid and now will help the rest of us bring costs down