Cell phone contracts

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
My wife just busted up her iphone 5 yesterday, broken screen and she has been complaining about how it doesn't work yet she won't make time to go to Apple to have someone look at it. Second screen shes been through in the past few months, christ! So, I figure might as well go out and get the new 6s. However, just looking at all these pricing plans is confusing. When I signed up a few years ago and upon renewal it was all so easy. I don't know if I should buy the phone, buy the annual contract, or lease it. Way too confusing. Anybody encounter this recently? What route do you recommend?

kneifl

McKenzie

Commo Commander
Forum Member
My wife just busted up her iphone 5 yesterday, broken screen and she has been complaining about how it doesn't work yet she won't make time to go to Apple to have someone look at it. Second screen shes been through in the past few months, christ! So, I figure might as well go out and get the new 6s. However, just looking at all these pricing plans is confusing. When I signed up a few years ago and upon renewal it was all so easy. I don't know if I should buy the phone, buy the annual contract, or lease it. Way too confusing. Anybody encounter this recently? What route do you recommend?

kneifl

I've got 2 smart phones and a tablet through Verizon. $150 a month for unlimited everything.

Eddie Haskell

Matt 02-12-11
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Cincinnati
aclu.org

kneifl

How many stitches did you get?

Eddie

REFLOG

Forum Member
Nov 17, 2002
The Dogpound
I just revamped my Verizion, 3 smart phones, 1 dumb phone unlimited talk / text, 6 gig of data, 144.00 a month which includes payment on 1 new smartphone

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
6s

6s

I have decided I'm just going to buy the damn thing for $700 or whatever it costs. Have the screen replaced on the other one and sell it. I'll stick with the 5 until the 7 comes out. Damn phones, she'll be getting an Otterbox case.

kneifl

sushi

Loopis
Forum Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hooters
I have decided I'm just going to buy the damn thing for $700 or whatever it costs. Have the screen replaced on the other one and sell it. I'll stick with the 5 until the 7 comes out. Damn phones, she'll be getting an Otterbox case.

kneifl

If you go that route and she decides she wants a new phone in two years it's going to be another 700 instead of 200 if you go with a contract... just don't squeal out of the contract....

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
If you go that route and she decides she wants a new phone in two years it's going to be another 700 instead of 200 if you go with a contract... just don't squeal out of the contract....

Not true, the rules are changing with the iphones. You can't get an iphone upgrade for 200 anymore with a contract, they will cost much more. You may be able to get something for your old iphone, but you'll be better off selling it on the open market.

kneifl

Bet on MyBookie