Cfb 10/30-11/1

Rosey

Forum Member
Jul 1, 2001
Chicago
<B>11/1 CFB FREEBIES

PURDUE (-17?) VS. NORTHWESTERN 12:00 EST</B>

The Boilers will look to rebound after laying an egg in Ann Arbor last weekend. This is a terrible match-up for the Wildcats on both sides of the ball. Purdue will be able to move the ball at will via the pass or the run vs. UNW?s defense. Wiscy was shell-shocked last weekend in Evanston, and they showed that they?re not a resilient team. PU lost its first game of the season at home to BG, and then went on a 6-0 run both SU and ATS. I expect them to bounce back big time this weekend, and get back on the winning side in both categories.

<B>WAZZOU (+12) VS. USC 7:00 EST</B>

I tip my hat to the Cougars for bouncing back the way they did last weekend against Oregon St. This team was outscored 25 to nothing in the 2nd quarter, and found themselves down 12 points in the 3rd quarter before they mounted a furious comeback to win the game. Their defense was relentless, and came at the OSU offense from every angle. USC has been unstoppable of late, but they?re yet to face a defense quite as athletic as Wazzou?s. This is a huge revenge game for the Trojans, but I believe the Cougars have the goods to stay competitive in this one. Wazzou has owned this series of late going 3-2 SU and 4-1 ATS the L/5. USC hasn?t stepped it up for homecoming as they?re a pathetic 2-6 ATS their L/8 in front of a packed house. All eyes will be on the Trojans in this spot to see if they can still remain dominant & avenge last season?s OT loss. This number looks a bit lofty for a huge PAC 10 rivalry game, so we?re more than happy in grabbing the points.

<B>COLORADO (+15) VS. TEXAS TECH 7:00 EST</B>

The Buffs lost last weeks battle with the Sooner?s, but they made it very interesting for a while. They?ve got a very potent offense led by QB Klatt that showed it can score on pretty much anybody last week. The Red Raiders looked to have run out of gas last weekend in Columbia, and got their field general injured in the process. I see no reason why they should be laying over 2 TD?s to t a team with a solid offense. Neither team will play defense in this one. Texas Tech by no means has the defense of the Sooner?s, so this looks to be another all out shoot-out in my books. The first one to 100 wins!!!!!

<B>VTECH (+3?) VS. MIAMI 7:45 EST</B>

The Hokies really screwed themselves last week in Morgantown, as they were clearly looking ahead to this game. Shame on them for doing so, but they will be a much different team this time around. Miami lucked out in Tallahassee with the weather as the wet track extremely effected the Seminoles offense. I?ll give them their props for winning that game, but I?d like to see both teams lock horns again in excellent weather conditions. Anyway, the Hokies will be ready for this one & they will bust their rumps on every down. The Hokies loss last week to WV has extremely effected the line for today, and we?re more than happy about it. I figured the Hokies would be under a FG favorite to a pick em before that loss, but now we?re getting over a FG in Blacksburg. We just can?t pass up that line value, so we?re backing the home pup in this spot.

<B>MIKE ROSE OF *********</B>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOISE STATE @ BYU (NCAAF) Oct 30

The Broncos enter this game having won five straight games, following its only loss of the campaign back in mid-September, a 26-24 decision at Oregon State. The Broncos have been pounding their opposition of late and in their last game outscored San Jose State by an unbelievable score of 77-14. The Broncos have cashed tickets in 17 of their last 24 on the road and 24 of 33 as favorites. ?. Note: BYU is just 3-10 ATS L13 vs. WAC competition! Everyone and their dog know how potent the 5th ranked offense in the nation is, but few know that the Broncos defense has also become formidable allowing just 15.9 ppg (12th in the nation)! Bottom line for this game is BYU just does not have the guns to stick with a far superior Boise State squad! Yes even at home in the land of the Mormons, this should be a no contest affair!

Take the Broncos -7

WASHINGTON STATE @ USC (NCAAF) Nov 1

The Cougars are 4-1 ATS L5 vs. USC and are 3-0 ATS L3 at USC! The Cougars are 3-0 as dogs during this current season and the linesmakers continue to under estimate how good a team the Cougars really are. Look for Matt Kegel, who has completed 55.1 percent of his passes, for 2,231 yards and 16 TDs to head to head with his USC counterpart under center Leinart who has now completed 62 percent of his passes during his schools current PAC 10 campaign, for 2,175 yards and 21 TDs, with just seven INT?s. Both teams in my opinion match up evenly on the offensive side of the ball, with USC holding an advantage on the defensive side! But 12-point chalk fav in a volatile PAC 10 match up like this is just too much in my humble opinion! So I am recommending the Cougars plus the points! Note: USC has failed to get the pesos in six of their last eight homecoming games.

Washington Sate +12

NORTHWESTERN @ PURDUE (NCAAF) Nov 1

Purdue saw its six-game SU&ATS streak come to end last week as they were totally outplayed by Michigan. Purdue have won six straight against Northwestern SU and are 4-2 ATS in those matches! . The Boilermakers will be looking to get back into a winning frame of mind before their next big tussle, which will feature locking horns with the Iowa Hawkeyes! Look for Purdue?s QB Kyle Orton to pick apart a less than stellar Wildcats secondary, with his prime time duo of wideout accomplices Taylor Stubbelfield and John Standeford. Note: Purdue is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 conference home tilts! Bottom line is Northwestern do not match up well against Purdue on either side of the ball and a minimum three TD win is to be expected in today?s confrontation.

Purdue -18.5

<B>ALEX SMART OF *********</B>

Bet on MyBookie