Cfb 9/13

Rosey

Forum Member
Jul 1, 2001
Chicago
<B>CFB 9/13

IOWA @ IOWA ST</B>

The Cyclones enter this game on a five game SU&ATS win streak vs. State rival Iowa . Last year at Iowa the Cyclones took a closely contested 36-31 victory. Iowa States QB Austin Flynn has done an admirable job replacing Seneca Wallace and has looked very good throwing for three TD?s and rushing for a 146 yds. When two state rivals meet anything is possible. Despite Iowa being the more talented team. I?m predicting this game stays close until the end. Current trends data gives the slight edge to Iowa State.

<B>Iowa State +4

AUBURN @ VANDY</B>

Auburn comes into this game having scored a total of 3 points in its first two games. Losing both in the process. The good news here for Auburn is that they have won 10 straight versus Vanderbilt and are 6-4 ATS in those matchups. Auburn has also cashed seven straight conference openers. Auburn offense finally rolls in this one.

<B>Auburn -13

FRESNO ST. @ OKLAHOMA </B>

Fresno State Bulldogs have cashed 16 of their last 22 outside the conference and nine of 11 as underdogs. The Oklahoma Sooners have come up short in six of their last seven at home in September ATS and in 11 of 14 as favorites of 21 ? to 31 ?. Fresno States? staunch defense will play tough and keep this game from being a blowout. Fresno State has picked off 7 passes in two games... Oklahoma?s unproven QB and offense may have some rude surprises in store for them today.

<B>Fresno State +27

ILLINOIS @ UCLA Sept </B>

UCLA have won four straight at home versus the Big-10 and are 14-5 at the Rose Bowl outside the Pac-10. The Bruins have also ?covered? nine straight home openers. Look for the UCLA running game to smash through the Illini suspect front seven

<B>Take UCLA -10

BOISE ST @ IDAHO </B>

Boise State is 5-1 ATS L6 vs. Idaho . The Broncos are 15-5 in their last 20 as favorites and 6-0 ATS L6 as 10 ? and 21 points favs. Idaho has lost 24 of its last 27 SU. Idaho has absolutely no offense scoring just 5 points in their first two games of 2003 and they will seem equally as deficient on defense after this affair. This will be a complete blowout favoring a far superior Broncos squad..

<B>Boise State -21.5

Alex Smart of *********</B>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>CFB FREEBIES 9/13

E. MICHIGAN VS AKRON 6:00 EST</b>

The Zips haven?t gotten out of the gates as planned, but they?re still one of the better teams in the MAC. They suffered a tough loss in their first home game vs. Kent as their defense completely folded late in the 4th. They followed that up with a solid performance in Wisconsin, which saw them actually have a chance to lead that one late in the 4th. E. Michigan is very bad on both sides of the ball. They?re coming off two games vs. 1 AA opponents, and lost SU last week to a solid Western Illinois squad by double digits. The Eagles are way overmatched in this one, and QB Frye will have himself a peach of a day. Their offense will score at will on these guys as HC Owens is fully aware of how bad his team needs to gain self-confidence. All of their attention will be set upon the Eagles with Howard on deck, and that will help cash our tickets tonight.

<B>RECOMMENDATION: AKRON (-19)

SAN DIEGO STATE VS. UTEP 9:00 EST</B>

Many of the squares will be hammering the Aztecs tonight after their performance in Columbus a week ago. It was an excellent showing for them, but OSU was just a bit distracted for this one & had NCST on deck. UTEP is a better ball club then they?ve shown so far, and I expect them to be ready for this game. They come into this one healthy, which bodes well for them in the outcome of this game. UTEP is 11-3 SU & 9-3 ATS in their first 3 home games of the season the last 5 years. The Aztecs are terrible road chalks, and I see no reason why they?re laying this many. I have them installed as a 10- point road favorite, so were more than happy to take the value in this one.

<B>RECOMMENDATION: UTEP (+18)

UTAH STATE VS. ARIZONA STATE 10:00 EST</B>

The Sun Devils are off a very easy one with the Lumberjacks of Northern Arizona, and look to fine-tune their skills this evening before heading to the road to take on Iowa. ASU is a team loaded with talent on both sides of the ball that I have pegged to make some real noise in the PAC 10 this season. HC Koetter has done an excellent job with this program, and this looks to be the time for ASU to make a splash with the big boys in his 3rd year at the helm. USU is a very inexperienced team that will have a hard time containing the Devils wide-open offensive attack. QB Walter should have himself a gigantic game, and pad his stats a bit for his Heisman push. I believe this number is a bit short due to USU covering last week in Lincoln. Further analysis of the stats in that game shows that the Aggies were lucky not to have lost by 60. I have ASU installed as a 35-point home chalk in this one. The Sun Devils are 3-0 SU & 2-0 ATS in this brief series since 1983, and are 7-2 ATS vs. non-conference opponents since 1999. The Aggies have yet to cover a game against the PAC 10 in their seven tries. ASU instills confidence on both sides of the ball today, and takes them with them on their trip to Iowa City next weekend.

<B>RECOMMENDATION: ASU (-25)

Mike Rose of *********</B>

Bet on MyBookie