Cfb 9/27

Rosey

Forum Member
Jul 1, 2001
Chicago
<b>CFB 9/27

Iowa @ Michigan State </b>

The Spartans enter this game with a 2-9 ATS record vs. Iowa L11 meetings. The Spartans are only 2-8 ATS L10 at home in Michigan State.. The Hawkeyes on the other hand are on a 10 Game ATS winning streak .The Hawkeyes have also cashed in an impressive 12 of 16 in Big-10 tilts. MSU, is 4-13 ATS at home last 17 overall and at a 1-7 L8 when facing conference foes. I expect a spirited home field performance by the Spartans defensive front seven, but a slightly superior Hawkeyes offense should be able to take advantage of what appears to be a weak Spartans secondary that is giving up 309.2 yds per game in passing.

Note:Iowa has outscored its four opponents this season by a combined score of 138-33 .

<b>Take Iowa -7

South Florida @ Army </b>

South Florida enters this game cashing 14 of 18 Division I-A contests and they are 8-2 L10 as favorites. Army is exact polar opposite having lost 5 straight ATS. The Cadets have been absolutely impudent on both sides of the ball and as a result have lost 14 of their L15 overall games SU and as a double digit home dog and are 3-9 ATS L12 . Tonight?s game at West Point should see South Florida unleash a steady offensive attack on a Cadet defense that has more holes in it than a bayou dyke. The Bulls QB Banks will be able to pick apart a secondary that is allowing 305.7 yes through the air .note: The Cadets have shown they have some offensive abilities, but that won?t be enough in this all out run and gun affair.

<b>Take South Florida -18

Arizona State @ Oregon State</b>

The home team is 15-1 ATS in the last 16 series confrontations. Systems call.

<b>Take Oregon State -6

Florida @ Kentucky</b>

The Gators will come into this game Kentucky looking to rebound from last weeks disappointing loss to Tennessee. The Florida Gators are 4-0 ATS L4 at Kentucky ,the average. winning score has been 33 points per game. Florida is 16-0 SU L16(11-5 ATS) vs. the Wildcats and Kentucky the other hand when playing as a dog are 7-13 ATS L20 . Look for the Gators to run the ball a lot today against a Kentucky defense that has proven it is not able to stop the run allowing their opposition 196.5 yds per game and 4.2 yds per carry! Superior Gators comeback strong today.

<b>Take Florida -9

Washington State @ Oregon</b>

After last weeks big win over Oregon the Ducks maybe in for a classic let down scenario against a Washington Sate team that is 15-4 L19 ATS as a road dog . The Cougars bring an effective and balanced offense into Eugene this week, as the team is averaging 30.2 points per game, on 422.8 yards of total offense. The Cougars QB Matt Kegel has completed 60% of his passes for a1058 yds and five TD?s. The Cougar defense has been giving up just 17 points per game. Look for Washington Sate to stay away from running the ball against a stingy ducks run defense and instead go to the air today against a Ducks pass defense that is allowing 258.8 yds per game. The Ducks have been shot down in eight of their last 10 at home in conference play while the Cougars have ?covered? 10 of 13 on the road, overall vs. Pac-10 opponents.

<B>Take Washington State +4

ALEZ SMART OF *********</B>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<B>CFB FREEBIES 9/27

PITT VS. TEXAS A&M 3:30 EST</B>

The Panthers stroll into College Station a very pissed off football team, and really have their hands full going up against the Aggies in Kyle Field. HC Walt Harris has really built this program up over the years, and I felt this was his best unit to date. They?ve got the players on both sides of the ball to make some major noise in the Big East, and look to be healthier coming into this week. HC Franchione has already put his stamp on the Aggies, but they?re still a very young team. They had a bitch of a time containing the Hokies ground attack a week ago, and it won?t be any easier with what the Panther?s bring to the table. QB Rutherford can beat them with his feet and his arm, and the tandem of Miree & Polite will really give the Aggies ?D? problems. Pitt should be able to have their way rushing & passing the ball, as we all know what kind of rush ?D? they have, but their short secondary will get out-muscled by the likes of WR Fitzgerald and Co. I look for the Panthers to bounce back today, and head into their bye week with a solid road victory.

<B>RECOMMENDATION: PITT

MINNESOTA VS. PENN STATE 12:00 EST</B>

The Gophers stroll into Happy Valley 4-0 for their Big 10 conference opener, but find themselves in an unfamiliar situation. They?re favored!!! Wow, what?s happened to Linebacker U?? Jopa a home pup to Glen Mason?s Gophers?Holy Schneikes!!! We?re not playing hoops?right?? The line value clearly goes to the Nittany Lions in this one, as this should be a pick ?em at the most. Looking at the numbers, Minny should have themselves a field day on the ground. They have numerous threats that can beat up the Lions defense, but I don?t foresee that happening today. I see PSU stepping up somehow, and getting the SU home win. Minny has fared well over the years vs. PSU, but they haven?t seen each other in 2 year?s. Minny?s lost 4 of their L/5 Big 10 openers, and I?m willing to bet they drop another one today.

<B>RECOMMENDATION: PENN STATE

TULANE VS. TEXAS 7:00 EST</B>

I just can?t see the Longhorns covering this number against one of the best offenses in the league. Texas is off a very easy road win over Rice, and will look to rest their starters for next week?s big game with K-State. Tulane looks to make amends for last year?s blowout at home in which they got blanked by a much better Texas defense. I see them comfortably staying within this number for the entire game.

<B>RECOMMENDATION: TULANE

MIKE ROSE OF *********</B>

Bet on MyBookie