CFL East Preview & Montreal @ Calgary

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Cannon

Forum Member
Dec 5, 2002
Calgary
Well, I am not embarassed to say I'm a big CFL fan. Here are my predictions, let's roll...

East:

#1 Montreal - they have lost a few players, but are the best of a bad division. They still have the best QB, which is the most imporant position, IMO. Doesn't matter who the receivers are...

#2 Toronto - I have a hunch, they'll be better than last year, Damon Allen can't hurt, the players will play as long as "Pinball" is around. Mitchell & Jenkins are back, and they picked up Morrale from Hamilton.

#3 Ottawa - They sill need a QB,(Dan Crowley? please!) hey, hasn't J.C. Watts retired from politics in Oklahoma? Bring him back! This team will be decent in a couple years, but they need some defensive backs. Their receiving core is decent, and Darren Davis is a decent running back.

#4 Hamilton - And you thought Lancaster had enough grey hair! Methinks this will be a long year for the TiCats. Darren Flutie is gone, McManus is injured...they have Montford...and Reggie Slack?

All in all, a bad division, the second place team might be just over .500, basically, it's going to be Montreal & the West....

Montreal (-3) @ Calgary - well, first off the weather is going to be gorgeous! Personally, I like the OVER. Calgary has weapons, they lost Moore to Sask. but they signed Albert Connell (watch your wallet!)and picked up Lawerance Philips. Coach Barker comes from the Montreal system, they are gonna throw! The Als are gonna throw even more! Calgary improved their "D" line quite a bit, but the d-backs are pathetic...Saftey Greg Frers left to become a pharmacist...so he could make some money! Fans are a bit skeptical of the "new ownership" they want to see points and points they'll get! OVER 53 is my bet...Good Luck
I think everyone will get a better read after Week 1....