Champions League Wednesday

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

PerpetualCzech

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Arsenal home to Leverkusen

Arsenal has 8 regulars injured! I found Leverkusen +0.5 +130 at Direcbet but even anything down to +0.5 +110 is a strong play here IMO. Also, the Leverkusen coach has said he will use an attacking lineup so the money line play at +400 looks great too.

Deportivo La Coruna home to Juventus

These 2 teams played a scoreless draw last week and the Juventus coach has admitted he wouldn't mind a similar result today. I'm taking a medium play on the Under 2.5 (-121 at Canbet, -125 at Pinnacle)

Panathaniakos home to Sparta Prague

Here is just a line with a lot of value: Sparta Prague +1 (-113 at Canbet, -118 at Pinnacle) Sparta Prague has injury problems on the defensive side but the Greeks' big striker is also out and I just believe that Prague is a much better team than the bookmakers are giving them credit for. Plus I love this angle in any sport: in any home-and-home series if a team gets embarassed at home (Panathaniakos won 2-0 in Prague last week) it's a safe bet that the beaten team gets revved up for some payback in the second game.

No opinion for the other game ( Porto home to Real Madrid)

PerpetualCzech

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Some late news on the Porto/Real Madrid game ... Real Madrid is not sending their full squad to Porto as they as they are miles ahead in their group and they are looking ahead to a big away game this weekend in their domestic league against Celta Vigo.

This of course suggests a play on Porto, but I think the line has been adjusted already for this information. I found -0.5 +140 at Carib which seems OK. But a stronger play I think will be Under 2.5 (+100 at Pinnacle or -105 at Canbet) as Real will just be going through the motions to get out of there with a tie.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

PerpetualCzech

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
I think it's a terrible bet! (Real Madrid up 2-0 early!)

I generally don't like betting the draw at all unless BOTH teams have some motivation to tie. If I think the game is going to be dull with one team playing defensive then I like to bet the under instead.

Pretty much a terrible start to all my plays today, we'll see how things finish up.