Chico Saturday

ChicosBailBonds

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2006
Pulled one out yesterday in Colorado to make it 2-0-1 so far.

Rockies starter B. Kim allowed four earned runs and seven hits in seven innings. He walked one and tied his career high with nine strikeouts. Started out rough but got it together and is worth watching over his next couple starts to see if he's actually getting back to old form.

Kim retired the last 10 batters he faced, which allowed the Rockies to pick their way back into the game before the Houston bullpen blew up again as C. Qualls walks in the go ahead run (not pretty, but I'll take it) A win is a win right.

Saturday plays:

Philadelphia -135

Look for Madson to rebound after giving up 9ER over his last 10IP. Has not been as bad as numbers suggest however he needs to keep the ball down more to be successful. He was 1-0 with a 2.08ERA in one start last year vs. S.F.

These are two teams going in the opposite direction right now. Philly is riding a 6 game winning streak and should match up well with 31 year old righty J. Wright. As evidenced by last nights performance, Howard and Utley may be finding their stroke, finally, I look for them to continue as it continues to get warmer up in the northeast.

Alou, one of the Giants hottest hitters went down last night with a sprained ankle and will be on the DL. Philly bullpen has performed better to date behind Tom Gordon and co.

San Diego -157

Following J. Peavy tonight and his pinpoint control over the struggling offense of the Cubs. Granted, the S. Diego offense isn't setting any records either but S. Marshall has been getting a bit lucky regarding H% which should not continue. The last two teams he faced were FLA and PIT.

This game not for the faint of heart, probably a 1-2 run game and low scoring. San Diego pulls out a close one.

Detroit/Minnesota Under 8.5

Both of the starting pitchers have good stuff, nice control, dominating, excellent command.

Good luck all.

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
you got lucky with the rockies last night

throwing error, int walk, then wheeler walks in the winning run

rocks pulled it out but I was definately on the right side with the 'stros...

good luck today

dub c

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2006
SoCal
DerekNJND said:
you got lucky with the rockies last night

throwing error, int walk, then wheeler walks in the winning run

rocks pulled it out but I was definately on the right side with the 'stros...

good luck today

I hate to point out the obvious but how were you on the right side if they lost???

tball

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2001
boston, ma
i'm imagining he thinks that 9 outta 10 times such dumb luck doesnt befall him in such a way that hes lookin for some kinda satisfaction---in the ever elusive right side but lost card

GLA

DerekNJND

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 21, 2005
Jersey
dub c said:
I hate to point out the obvious but how were you on the right side if they lost???

umm houston has 2 of the best late inning pitchers in baseball..

its very rare that wheeler/lidge blow a bottom 9th inning lead

I was on the right side, a fluke throwing error cost me the game...

Stros lead the whole way....

there are PLENTY of times you can be on the right side and lose cuz of dumb luck..everyone will admit sometimes its better to be lucky than smart..a win is a win, a loss is a loss, doesnt mean you werent on the right side tho

Last edited:

Hucklebuck

Forum Member
Jun 8, 2002
Orange County, CA
DerekNJND said:

there are PLENTY of times you can be on the right side and lose cuz of dumb luck..everyone will admit sometimes its better to be lucky than smart..a win is a win, a loss is a loss, doesnt mean you werent on the right side tho

In the end all that really matters is what's in your bank account,"right" side or not.

Lidge has a WHIP of 1.81 ERA of 6.19 and opposing hitters are swinging away at a .267 clip. Not all that surprising that he couldn't get the job done.

dub c

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2006
SoCal
DerekNJND said:

Oh, I got it...so if you lose BUT you were on the "right side" you get your money back, correct?

Also, if you are on the right side but lose PLENTY of times I would make the argument that the other side is the right side! I don't think I've ever heard anyone say, "Gee whiz, I was on the WRONG side but won!"

ChicosBailBonds

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2006
B. Kim performed about how I expected (you'll see in yesterday's post that I figured the 'stros would put up 6). I did feel like Buchholz would have turned in a worse performance than he did however he was able to keep it going. I still believe however that he is playing over his head right now and will eventually blow up.

If the same pitchers were going to go again today, I would cap it the same way.

ChicosBailBonds

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2006
Madson had some control problems tonight but was able to get some help defensively as the Fightin Phils were able to turn a few key double plays to save him. Phils keep it going making it 7 in a row. Lost on the Det/Min total taking my total to 3-1-1 with San Diego left tonight. Let's keep it going.

Shout out to Barbaro today running away with the Derby. Triple Crown?

Good luck the rest of the night all

ChicosBailBonds

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego / Cubs did what I thought and gave me heartburn but they did pull it out in the 10th for a 2-1 win.

Chicos / 4-1-1 on the season now.

Bet on MyBookie