Cinderella to be Shagged!!!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

releasedahounds

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2002
Norman, OK
Hope everyone is having as good of a run in the dance as I have been lucky enough to get (hlaf-point wins by teams like KU yesterday help).

Anyways, I haven't posted in awhile since I have steered away from the "e-bookie" and have gone back to using the traditional local enforcer.

Just wanted to put a red flag up on my Sooners game tonight. I know that a lot of people are on Butler, but there are a few simple reasons that this Cinderella thing is about to come to a crashing halt.

1) Butler has ONE player with any real size, and the OU trio (4 couting reserve Szvendrei) of Bookout, Jabahri Brown, and Johnnie Gilbert will have this guy on the bench or fouled out very quickly! He played 40 minutes against L'ville b/c they didn't put him in foul trouble. With the strength dominace of Bookout and the incredible leaping ability of Brown and Gilbert, this guy is going to have to choose to challenge the shot and watch the follow up dunks get thrown down, or hope that OU's insiders miss a lot of bunnies. If Cindy is crazy enough to crash guards down to help, OU will blow this thing open early with 3 balls.

2) Butler will NOT continue to shoot the way they did last time out. Same theory as yesterday when I took the KU/Duke under. Both teams had been filling it up, and the # didn't reflect the change in competition. OU is simply one of the best peremiter defensive teams in the tournament. The only teams that have been able to beat them over the top have been those with a strong inside scorer, not the case here. We all saw what happens to Butler when they are consistently challenged on their outside shots (See conf. title game against Wisc-Mil.). Look for a repeat

3) Basically, Butler is a guard-led team and that plays into the strength of OU as well. The only difference (giving a substantial benefit of the doubt that guards are actually equal) is that OU has the size, numbers, and rebounding edge to dominate inside.

4) Hollis Price is healthy. On top of this, he is the most well-rested guy in the game tonight. OU has been rolling without him, and if he gets going like he is capable of, it could be a runaway.

This is the "long and short" of why I am going with the chalk tonight. The only concern of mine is whether or not OU takes their foot off the throat like they have had a tendency to do this season (KU, UConn, Mizzou- all Ws, but ugly late). I don't perceive this to be an issue tonight in a Sweet 16 NCAA game. 7 points is a lot, and it opens up the backdoor chance, but barring some really deep and consistent shooting, OU rolls.

While this is a pick on my team, it is not a "homer" call. I won betting against OU in the 1st round (S. Carolina State) and won by taking them in the second round (Cal).

This is just one man's opinion, I am hoping to get some feedback both ways on this one.

Other plays in order of strength:
UT/UConn UNDER 152 (if it goes over, UT scored 85, which leads me to...
TEXAS (-2.5)
The 'Cuse (looks like a trap, but then again so did their last game I hit on against Okie State)
CUSE UNDER

Good luck

releasedahounds

Last edited:

trump tight

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Hermosa Beach, CA
releasedadogs

releasedadogs

Don't forget about that tejas debacle when we were up by 15 in the second half, at home, with a 37 game winning streak on the line, senior night, and their last game (home) of the season. That game proved to me that they don't have the killer instinct. I was also on the Sooners against Cal, but that was one lucky cover. I'd love to agree with you on a mudhole being stomped in The Butler's arse, but from what I've seen this year, OU comes away with a close win. If we're lucky. OU has put very few teams away when they have the chance. It's almost like they need the challenge. Beware of da dogs.

Jaycadd

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Waco, Tx
Hounds,

Like the play. Look for Oklahoma to roll. Kelvin has been too nice to them on the media days giving them credibility...the arse whippin is about to come.:D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

releasedahounds

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2002
Norman, OK
That is the only thing that I am worried about, the team that has lacked killer instinct against an all guts underdog.

I just can't ignore the talent and matchup problems that I am seeing. I know OU is going to score more than 60, how about hedging it with an Over play, in case Butler hangs around, or gets back in it late with garbage buckets??

releasedahounds

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jaycadd

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Waco, Tx
There is a lot of banter on the sight about the over on this game. I think it will be an under but to be safe, the better bet would be to take over 55 in the first half and take OU -3. Good luck!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg