Class All Around

wannabe whale

Forum Member
Mar 3, 2000
Rochester, NY
Congrats to the Colorado Avalanche and their fans. I can not remember a time recently that I was so happy for a TEAM other than mine to win a championship.
All their players coaches and fans showed nothing but CLASS. Roy, Bourque, Sakic, Forsberg-when have so many stars been so classy??--not to mention pretty darn GOOD!!!
Watching a team celebrate with Lord Stanley's Cup gives me the shivers. The players that play this game have more respesct for their sport and that trophy than anyone else.
Also-congrats to all the great cappers in here. Although I did not get to contribute as much as I wanted-I always popped in to read your great insights. Hopefully next season will be a prosperous one. A great hockey offseason to all!!
WW

prospector

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
muskoka
you summed it all up perfectly WW

as a long as i have been alive i have been a Boston fan. Bruins, BoSox, Celtics even the good old New England Pats. so you know i know what frustration in sports can be. however i cannot imagine the emotional, physical and personal struggles of Raymond Bourque.

maybe we caught a small glimpse of it last night as we watched the tears of his entire family for the last 3 minutes of the game. or Bourques eyes light up during an interview when he noticed "The Stanley" skate past.

he looked 14 again not 40. he had the excited look one gets at the beginning of an impossible dream. and not at the end of it.

it was a victory without losers in my opinion. it was a game 7. the best TEAMS were playing. they could have lined up and shook hands before they dropped the puck as two champions. only 60 minutes seperated them from the cup. not talent or determination.

congratulations to the entire Colorado team and fans.

personally, i think i will always remember game 6 as one of the best games i have ever witnessed. and 2001 as one of the better playoff seasons of the "new" NHL.

(it will take a lot to erase the bitter memories of some Bruins/Canadians and Bruins/Oilers stanley cup series)

ChuckyTheGoat

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
wannabe whale:

I couldn't have said it any better. You summed up my thoughts perfectly. Class and respect by the Avs.

These guys give up their heart and soul to win the Cup. And the Avs proved they're the best team in the league.

See ya down the road. GL

Bet on MyBookie