Classless Mike Shula

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
Mike Shula hasn't changed much since his days at Cincinnati and boy are we glad he isn't here anymore. Did Don Shula take home the right baby form the hospital? What is going on in Alabama? I have always been a "Tide Fan" especially when I was growing up and the "BEAR" was walking the sidelines. Such a great football school but these people running the program now really make me shake my head.
Removing Sylvester Grooms name from the" Commitment to Excellence award" is only the start of a continuing saga of the Shula curse. I hope I am wrong. This is just my opinion.
I am going over to watch the Buckeyes Spring Practice Game April 24 th should be exciting .
Best Wishes
Devil Dog
" It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog". Archie Griffin

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
I am going over to watch the Buckeyes Spring Practice Game April 24 th should be exciting .

I just went to the USC scrimmage yesterday and had great time. I hope you have a good time at the Ohio St. Scrimmage. I cannot believe 56,000 fans show up to the scrimmage game for Ohio St. WOW, very impressive and passionate fans. I think that is great. USC I think had around 10000 yesterday which is decent for LA fans. ;) Last year 5000 fans showed up.

I also am shocked that the scrimmage is televised. Is that true? That is great and I wished the USC scrimmage was televised because you pick up a lot of different things from the TV vs being their live.

As for Alabama, I am confident the program will turn things around and I hope they return to the top where they belong. I think Mike Shula was a decent hire. Who really wants to coach a school that has so many violations. Isn't he a good recruiter? They have a good class coming in next season. I think that is what Alabama just needs to do right now is get as much talent in now in the bad times and if Shula does not work out, hire big time coach once Alabama is out of probation/Scholarship infractions and he can work his magic with the talent already there. Similar to Carroll coming to USC with bunch of talent already in place and Alabama can have the same success. Maybe/hopefully Shula is the answer and Bama has a young coach that should be there for a long time (unless he wants NFL gig) but if he leaves that is because Bama is at the top again which is what bama fans want. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
Yes it is true!

Yes it is true!

SCOTT4USC:
Yes the Spring game will be televised and they should be 50,000 fans there this year also. Ticket price is $5.00. After the game we are going to go to a rib joint and have supper and a few beers.
If you have a chance to read the artical about Mississippi St.'s head coach concerning this please do. I personally think it will hurt recuriting at Alabama.
I would love to see USC practice someday as" visions of running backs dance through my head". I hope Williams and Clarett are able to try and play in the NFL. I have made my share of mistakes in my lifetime; that is for sure.
Best Wishes
Devil Dog
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler"
Albert Einstein

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Devil Dog

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2004
Springfield, Ohio
Sylvester Grooms name reinstated to award. Thank you; cooler heads at Alabama prevailed. Go Tide!!!!!!
Best Wishes
Devil Dog
"Have the power of your convictions, but never let your ego outweight your pocketbook or your brain."
Richard Klamian