Clear Water Crappies - Ice Fishing Style

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Going to Comstock Lake in Cotton, MN.... Searching for some slab crappies.. Will be fishing in about 15 - 20 feet of water with good vegetation. Have the Vexlar with to try to find the bastards. Ice conditions are roughly 8 - 10 inches as it as been a cold bitch up here for most of the past 2 weeks. Who knows, could have 12 inches of ice by now. :shrug: The weather will give us a break as we are expecting the temp to crack 30 tomorrow for the first time since Thanks Giving.. We will be using a variation of small jigs and crappie minnows and some waxies... All we have to do is not forget the beer.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Didn't find many Big Slabs but limited out on the 10 to 12 inch crappie... Catching them in 12 - 15 feet of water with a few walley and pearch. (Small) Ice was 13 inches and many had their vehicles out there today...

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
i could get into ice fishing if i was in an area like this and a hut. bring plenty of beer, watch football, play cards, have a fire and stick your line in the water. yup, that would be good fun, imo.

IceFishingShackA.jpg

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
this hut even has satellite TV :00hour

i could get into ice fishing if i was in an area like this and a hut. bring plenty of beer, watch football, play cards, have a fire and stick your line in the water. yup, that would be good fun, imo.

IceFishingShackA.jpg

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
in Maine I've seen 'em called "ice houses". Some got carpeting, propane heat, bunks, porta potty screened corner...6 to even 8 holers. Don't need no refridge. But gotta have big pot for the chili!

All I've done is go out twice under open sky, on barely walkable 3 inch ice, Lake Pushaw across road from bro's house. Just poles and hand auger. No driving around lotta shacks, no creel clerk. Caught nothing too.

not like this Canadian Ice Fishing Hut
CanadianIceFishingHut.jpg

tho no fresh frog legs available then there