clev @new eng.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

sniper

Forum Member
Jun 8, 2000
ottawa ont canada
pats in the same situation as the redskins were last week ..being a dog all year and now a fav.... also winning 5 in a row ats.it's a good time to bet against them ...taking the browns

Allnet

Forum Member
Feb 20, 2000
Port Arthur, Tx
Last week was the Browns second week as fav this season. This will be NE 3rd as fav , 1-1 ats/su. Only win and cover was at home vs Buffalo.

------------------
"A group is better than any individual"

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sniper

Forum Member
Jun 8, 2000
ottawa ont canada
allnet the first game of the season for the pats i read as a pick em. they were favs vs buffalo though ..regardless my play is really based on the fact that any team that's covered ats for 5 or 6 games is now ripe for a loss...i don't have the stats to back this theory and it is rare. however i do feel this is a go against the pats game

P

Phil Turcotte

Sorry to disappoint, you but the Pats are going to cover this week and cover big.

* Last week was a huge emotional win for the Pats. While this would normally be letdown time, Bill Bellichek will not let that happen. The Pats know they have the easiest schedule of the top 3 AFCE teams and control their own destiny. They could easily run the table and not only make the playoffs but win the division.

* Courtney Brown, the Browns best player on either side of the ball, is doubtful for this week. If he plays, he will be a minimal factor.

* Terry Glenn will most likely play. I do not see any way the Browns can match up with the Pats when they go 5 wideouts with Glenn, Troy Brown, David Patten, Fred Coleman and Marc Edwards. There is no way.

* Marc Edwards is coming into his own as a pass catching fullback and the Browns linebackers have had trouble this year stopping receivers of the same ilk as Edwards. I look for him to score in this game, at least once.

Dont get fooled into taking the points in this game.

Pats 27
Browns 10

BAINS

Forum Member
Nov 13, 2001
Nepean, ottawa, canada
Ask yourself one question how good are the BROWNS?? They've beaten some teams who are offensively challenged, Detroit(detmer) Baltimore(grbac)and lost when they have played other teams (pits)(tenn) There is no better team in the AFC than the Pats. These guys are the best coached team in the league and play together as a team. They use effective pass plays off the run game. Football is all about adjustments, the teams that make the adjustments WIN THE GAMES. Pats trailing 13-0 to the Jets came out with 4 receiver sets, empty back sets, triple slants sets that baffled the jets defense. Bellichek made the adjustments at half time and exposed the Jets linebackers. This guy knows football and trust me when I tell you these two teams are very far apart from a stand point of execution. The score will prove that point on Sunday.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pepin46

Forum Member
Oct 6, 2000
miami, fl.
i think phil hit the nail on the head. had they enjoyed a nice "their way" win at the jets, this would be the one. as it turned out, it was a tough game, and it took all they could muster to take it. clev is no pansy, and they will be as ready as they can be for this game.

as for clev getting back up, from what? they are a good team, had their moment for a while, but not of the caliber of n.e., who has shown tremendous abilities to win under a variety of circumstances, home and away. their losses at denver and vs stlou were invaluable experiences which they should be able to reverse in the future, which is now.

under the circumstances, if n.e. played at clev and gave them 5, i would still take n.e. this game should yield at least a 10 point margin for n.e.

pep

Valuist

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2001
Mt. Prospect, IL
Cleveland has had a lot of help from the schedule maker so far: 7 home games and only 4 road games. They've picked 25 passes so far but if they don't pick Brady at least twice, they have no chance.

Patternseeker

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
Biased notes:

We had some passionate dislike for Bill when he benched Kosar a few years ago, that's for sure. But the guy can coach. He just has the personality of a rock.

Courtney may not play; running game very suspect (not's that it's great with Jackson, but his ankle continues to bother him, and he picks up blitzes better than Gay or White). Cleveland's D is very good, in my opinion, but they are once again on their way to be the most overplayed D in the land. Our offense goes three and out FAR too many times and the pressure on the D is overwhelming as the game wears on.

I can't bet against my team (some kind of strange code of ethics, or non-ethics) but I am worried NE will put it to us.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Reroy

Forum Member
May 13, 2000
Utah
Anyone in the Foxboro area know what the latest weather report is for Sunday?? The weather channel said that there should be blustering winds. Just wanted to know if anyone heard this or anything else?

[This message has been edited by Reroy (edited 12-06-2001).]

P

Phil Turcotte

WEEI out of Boston report snow and sleet in the morning with decent winds. Possibility of clearing by gametime. 90% chance of precip during the day.

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
Reroy the heatwave is over!!

Cloudy with wind and rain ending late and becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the mid 20s.

I'll try & update Sun @ 12:00 EST

GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

barfly

Forum Member
Nov 7, 1999
St Petersburg, Fl
Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that there is a thread for this game started in the NFL matchup forum. This is a great discussion and would have been really nice seeing it in the matchuyp forum. After all, that's what that forum is here for. Anyway, keep up the good work guys
biggrin.gif

------------------
Make mine a Double!,
Barfly

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
guys, I'm less than 3 miles from Foxboro Stadium. Noon news was predicting a nasty day Sunday, high around 38 degrees, windy, possible snow mix with sleet & rain. I think snow will probably stay north of Boston. Never the less sounds like a nasty day in Foxboro.

JD

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 5, 2000
The Outhouse to the Penthouse!
Damn, I liked the under BEFORE hearing all that weather stuff. That'll probably drop the line a bit lower than I'd like. I hate it when it gets around the O/U 34 area...

The weather is extremely changable right now, so be sure to get the latest update before putting in your wager in on this one. All the rain and sleet could just as easily pass on by or clear out before gametime. Either way, I predict:

Pats: 20, Cleve:10

Good Luck.

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
guys for those of you interested in this game, its already snowing in Foxboro full 13 hours before kickoff. Looks like tomorrow will be nasty, definitely worst day for football in Foxboro this season so far. Forecasting 3-6in here over night. Snow stopping tomorrow however windy nasty day tomorrow. Will try to update tomorrow as Stadium is only 3 miles away.
Shamrock

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
as most of you probably know 5in snow fell last night. Cold today 36, wind out of North 15mph, wind chill in high 20s. Terry Glenn will play today.
Good luck
shamrock